Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im asking a shackle question, I dont care much for a coil over conv. I would have bought a tj if i wanted coils.
Oh my god Someone call a WAAAAAAbulance!!!!!

you should buy the revolvers they are the greatest thing to happen to jeeps since the tube bumper and chrome light bar

·
Registered
187 Posts
Its true though, at least he is defending him self. I like the leaves more to. Im getting the teraflex fiberflex kit, we shall see who can flex more.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
scubasteve8889

We can do without the name calling and direct obscenities towards each other. There's nothing wrong with disagreements, but just do it in an adult manner please.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

I think we all just got off on the wrong foot here. I'm sure no one meant anything by any remarks they may have made. Peace fellas peace!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
That is a good write up...a bit old, but still good. Teraflex now sells the revolver shackles, for a lot less money too. The article mentions that there is no good solution for the rear shocks. There is a shock mounting option offered from TeraFlex designed specifically for the revolver shackles. I think this was developed originally by Metal Made Right. I have heard nothing but good things about the revolvers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks alot dude, I looked into it, and I will definently be purchasing a set of revolver shackles and the z link boxes from teraflex. It seems like the best solution for my lack of flex after the soa conv.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Teraflex shackles actually do anything. True It will let 1 wheel drop further but, but it does this by completely unloading the spring, and unfolding a hinge. Since there is no weight exerted on the dropping wheel there will be no gain in traction.

Traction = Force available from force of friction
Force of friction = Mass X Acceleration X coefficient of friction
Therefor 0 X A X Friction = 0 traction :confused:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Sure there is not much wieght there, but every little bit helps. A tire touching the ground has a much better chance of finding something to bite on than one in the air.

·
Registered
489 Posts

If money is no problem then do a coilover conversion
steven, listen to ur friend here, hes trying to help u. coils are the only way to flex like a true jeeper. dont waste ur time with leaf springs. If you do the conversion, u might be able to flex like a TJ. Or with alot of money and some elbow grease, u might be able to flex like me, and u dont have to worry about popping up tires agian.

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
OKay what kind of SOA did you do. It should flex just fine. In fact the correct SOA should in some cases out flex coils. How long are your shocks?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wasnt aware that there was more than one way to do an SOA. but anyway i ordered the rubicon express SOA kit, i bought procomp 3000's (32" extended) superduty tailshaft conversion kit from tom woods. im running 33"s. i still have the 2" lift shackles on and stock leaf springs. i thought it would flex better, ill get pics soon and you guys (especially bigjeep) can tell me if its flexing normally or a lack there of.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Or with alot of money and some elbow grease, u might be able to flex like me, and u dont have to worry about popping up tires agian.
Wow, what was I thinking buying suspension lift for my YJ? You're right, a 3" body lift and coil spacers would definitely give me more than enough flex.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea Upinar does not know what he's talking about. What does he know about "spending alot of money" when he is obviously poor, using budget lift with those coil spacers and body lift.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Wow, what was I thinking buying suspension lift for my YJ? You're right, a 3" body lift and coil spacers would definitely give me more than enough flex.
lol, ouch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts