Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Jeep for a year and have driven quite a bit with the doors off...and no mirrors on either the right or left side. I'm used to it, but don't consider this the safest mode. Feel like I need to break down and get these.

Don't need anything fancy, but sure want it to be quick and easy. After taking off the doors and such I don't want to futz around too much. Gotta be quick and easy.

Anything no brainer out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Many here get those round stick on mirrors and put them on the AC vents. I have never seen how the visibility is though.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I took old Harley mirrors and mounts I had. Slid through the hinge, used a washer/rubber washer on each side and threw on a nylon cap nut. Get compliments wherever I go.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I run these...

https://www.kikbaxoffroad.com/jeep_jk_foot_pegs_wmirrors_07_current_jk_jk_unlimited_kikbax_offroad

They are $150, but no rattle, no mirror movement, and no complaints for me. I like the fact that they have a built in foot peg also.
You and me both @cbunting24. The Kikbax are the best and easiest mirror solution for no doors. It amazes me more people don't use them. They literally kick the crap out of every mirror solution I have seen. I love, love mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Many here get those round stick on mirrors and put them on the AC vents. I have never seen how the visibility is though.

I did this. It's better than no mirrors but I was still unable to see most of my surroundings and was not confident when changing lanes.

I ended up ordering the round Quadratec mirrors. They arrived in Friday but the temp dropped and it rained so I had to put the doors back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I went with the Die-Tech brackets and bought a set of manual mirrors. All in total I spent $85 shipped for the brackets and $55 shipped for the mirrors. They are solid and I have the same viability in the side mirrors as the factory setup.
I am tempted to replace my rugged ridge rectangle quick release mirrors with a setup like yours, my mirrors whistle and I generally dislike them.

How long does it take you to install or remove these mirrors?

I presume that anything hanging off the side of the jeep will generate some noise but I presume that they don't actually whistle in the wind, do they?

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I went with the Die-Tech brackets and bought a set of manual mirrors. All in total I spent $85 shipped for the brackets and $55 shipped for the mirrors. They are solid and I have the same viability in the side mirrors as the factory setup.

I second the Die-Tech Offroad mirror brackets.

They are rock solid with no bouncing or rattling and no whistling.

Mirror Brackets for Jeep Wrangler

And bought an extra set of mirrors off of Amazon so I can leave my stock ones on the doors.

Driver and Passenger Manual Side View Mirrors Textured Replacement for Jeep

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

I went the same route. I can't think of a better option.

I am tempted to replace my rugged ridge rectangle quick release mirrors with a setup like yours, my mirrors whistle and I generally dislike them.

How long does it take you to install or remove these mirrors?

I presume that anything hanging off the side of the jeep will generate some noise but I presume that they don't actually whistle in the wind, do they?
No sound whatsoever, and super solid, no vibration either
I mounted some manual mirrors to them and left them on. They took about a minute tops to place each mirror. All you need to do is loosen one of the hinge plate bolts then tighten it over the bracket. I just added the right size socket to the little green pouch for the jeep socket.

I second the Die-Tech Offroad mirror brackets.

They are rock solid with no bouncing or rattling and no whistling.

Mirror Brackets for Jeep Wrangler

And bought an extra set of mirrors off of Amazon so I can leave my stock ones on the doors.

Driver and Passenger Manual Side View Mirrors Textured Replacement for Jeep

Again,
What he said

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I did this. It's better than no mirrors but I was still unable to see most of my surroundings and was not confident when changing lanes.

I ended up ordering the round Quadratec mirrors. They arrived in Friday but the temp dropped and it rained so I had to put the doors back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The round Q tecs work really well for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought 2 Harley mirrors, and 2 metal door hinges. I took the door hinges, and used a hack saw to cut off the part of the bracket I needed, and hammered out the pin from the hinge. I then bolted the piece of metal on the side of my jeep, and leave it there year round (sprayed in plasti-dip to prevent rusting). The Harley mirrors slide right in, and they came with a nut that tightens the mirror to the bracket. When I get home I will try to post some pictures of what it looks like.

·
Registered
801 Posts
These work great as well and are a little less expensive than some of the other options. they also make a set that is smaller and round but with the same mounting. I have been running with the round ones for 4 years and they work great.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/13025_1424.htm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You and me both @cbunting24. The Kikbax are the best and easiest mirror solution for no doors. It amazes me more people don't use them. They literally kick the crap out of every mirror solution I have seen. I love, love mine.
These look perfect. I'm in the NE on Cape Cod and I'm constantly taking the doors on and off depending on the weather. I need a quick and easy solution vs. something with several moving parts and effort.

This also would solve another problem: The need for footpegs. I actually drive quite a bit with my sandals off...would the footpegs be comfortable enough for bare feet?

And $150. Really worth it? That's quite a bit when I see the $10 2 inch mirrors and some quadratec options for under $50. Is there any rattling and such?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
These look perfect. I'm in the NE on Cape Cod and I'm constantly taking the doors on and off depending on the weather. I need a quick and easy solution vs. something with several moving parts and effort.

This also would solve another problem: The need for footpegs. I actually drive quite a bit with my sandals off...would the footpegs be comfortable enough for bare feet?

And $150. Really worth it? That's quite a bit when I see the $10 2 inch mirrors and some quadratec options for under $50. Is there any rattling and such?

Thanks
I don't drive in bare feet, so I can't help you there. But I have had flip flops on and they feel fine.

Regarding the money. Look at what othe solutions people are posting and how much they cost and then look at the engineering and functionality of the Kikbax AND ease of use and you quicky will see the value hands down. I had old mirrors I bolted on and re-used so I only paid the $125, makes it a bit cheaper. And there is zero rattle, you'll see how they attach and lock in and you'll understand then why they don't rattle.

They are truly the best option, truly.

Edit: I am in no way affiliated with them, I just think their product is sheer genius.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts