Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2000 TJ with a Hard Top. We are looking for a Soft Top that can be lowered without having to be removed from the Jeep. I saw a factory top this weekend that could be taken down in seconds. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best replacement top to purchase?

·
Registered
495 Posts
your title says it all... Best Top :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the Bestop Supertop NX on the Internet but I haven't seen one in person. The video only showed installation and the Sunroof open at the end. It did not show raising and lowering so I don't know how this works with this top.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
All soft tops pretty much "work" the same... When you wanna put it down you just detach it in the places where is connects to the jeep and lay the frame down in front of the rear tire.. Pretty simple. Bestop Supertop is expensive but its probably the best on the market. You could also look at the softopper for a frameless option and less expensive.

·
Registered
908 Posts
It's about the same going up and down not as smooth as the stock because of the sun rider but not bad . My only problem is my knuckles suck had to pull there quick Release pins out and nut and bolt it fixed the binding they where doing and I the sun rider pin fell out I got to come up with something for it . I called them about the knuckles they said they never herd of that before giving me the run around like any of these big company's once they get your money they don't care all about the money . It's been about 2 years now and that is my only 2 problems so all and all it is a good top

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I bought my Jeep on July 2nd and was dead set on a Frameless top until I saw the options of letting down the top without full removal. I'm looking at it in a new way now.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
My vote is for the trektop nx...absolutely love mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts