Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I buy a Bestop Supertop NX or a Mopar Premium Softtop from the dealer for my 2013 JKUR?

I currently have a hard top, but I want to get a good soft top. I am pretty sure that I will run the soft top 10 months of the year.

I have looked at several on Craigs list and am tired of looking at peoples junk.

So which top do I buy?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
From my understanding besttop makes the mopar softtop so you might as well save some coin and buy after market. They also have frameless which is what I am getting because I don't like the space the frame takes up and I prefer the "fast back" look of the frameless.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've been told Besttop hardware is not as good as OEM hardware which is probably why theirs is cheaper. Last week I ordered the OEM premium top, then saw that they were cheaper at 4x4.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Have you checked the Soft Top HELP!!! thread at the top of the page? On page one or two there is a really good write up comparing the OEM tops vs. the trektop. I posted it, but it was originally written by nuke83.

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Off road heros is offering a group discount option right now. I have myself and 2 others on the forum buying the ORH top. Just need one more for the 4+ group discount. There are three options also so it's not like we all have to order the same top.

I'm going with the cargo top (SUT) which at the group discount comes to $800 ($325 discount). The fastback is going for $725 ($275 discount). These prices include shipping.

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm heavily weighing the Offroad Heroes fastback. davidhasselhoff, did you get your 4+ group discount ordered already? Let me know if I can get on that deal.

I do have a couple questions for those of you that may already have the ORH fastback:

1. Looks like the front/back top panels are easily removable. How long does it take to put them on/off? I'm in Houston, Texas and thunderstorms crop up pretty quick.

2. I've seen the front rolled-up instead of removed. I don't like this look so much. Can you confirm the front panel is fully removable?

3. Does the rear window panel come out? Easily?

4. Are the rear side panels removable? Trying to figure out how close I can get to fully topless without much hassle. Would love to see some pictures!

5. Did anyone go with the multi-top (fastback/cargo top) option? I’m curious how long and level of difficulty to convert from one style to the other. I’d only be looking to do this 1-2x per year, so not a big deal – just interested.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just wait until you see someone on the forum or craigslist selling their brand new or almost new Premium Top. You might have to be patient but eventually it'll happen. They can be found for anywhere from $500-1000. If you buy new you are looking to spend around $1500.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
I know what I want....

When it comes time to replace the standard factory soft top on our Sahara, I am going to get the Premium. Now, if the material is made by BesTop, and it really is the same thing as the Mopar Factory Premium, I am good with saving some money. I have the hardware, so upgrading the fabric shouldn't send me into sticker shock, or will it?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
When it comes time to replace the standard factory soft top on our Sahara, I am going to get the Premium. Now, if the material is made by BesTop, and it really is the same thing as the Mopar Factory Premium, I am good with saving some money. I have the hardware, so upgrading the fabric shouldn't send me into sticker shock, or will it?
Check out the 'Replace A Top' options on 4WD, Quadratec, etc.. If you google it, you'll see lots of places that offer them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts