Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Im really loving my new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, but the other day I noticed that the two front Tweeter speakers have a sort of "buzz" or "crack" when you turn up the volume a little...

I dont know if I may have blown the speakers, or just maybe thats how they work. The other speakers sound fine, its just the Tweeters that make the buzzing sound when the music is playing.

So, Im looking to just upgrade the 2 front tweeters. Whats your guys opinion on the BEST SOUNDING tweeters for the price? Also, what size would I need to get to install into the original housing? Will the new tweeters work fine stock or do I need an amp or something to power them?

Thanks for the help

-Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
I cannot help you on the size, as I have a TJ...but I am a huge fan of the power acoustik 1" dome tweeters. They are one of the first things I add to all of my vehicles. I spent more money on kicker ones for my ski boat, but I think these sound just as well. Your head unit is enough to power them, but I recommend putting bass blockers on them to prevent the damage it sounds like u have now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts