Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
11,547 Posts
First thing I would do before you buy a new steering stabilzer is to go get an alignment and get the tires rotated and balanced. Then you'll have a pretty clean slate to start with. After you do that then I'd look to replace your old OEM.

·
Registered
489 Posts
you can get a rough country or procomp stabilizer will all hardware include for 32 bucks on ebay with 8 dollars shipping. I run the rough country and i like it

·
Retired Moderator
7,757 Posts
First thing I would do before you buy a new steering stabilzer is to go get an alignment and get the tires rotated and balanced. Then you'll have a pretty clean slate to start with. After you do that then I'd look to replace your old OEM.
Excellent post Scout. Maybe you are bringing sexy back. :D :D :D

Do what he said above and if you feel that you still need more stabilization up in the front end just go to Napa and get a Monroe Stabilizer. They are made by the exact same company that makes Rancho and they are 25 bucks cheaper. :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
I put a rancho on my 2001 the old one was puking oil so i knew it needed replacing and it did help with some wobble but rebalace was the key to the wobble, LF tire was way out.....:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.