Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2015 JKUR and I'm putting a lift on it. I need to buy a step for my family and I'm interested to know everyone's input on what step/sliders are available for me to install.

Thanks in advance for the input!

·
Registered
217 Posts
LoD!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I just bought a new 2015 JKUR and I'm putting a lift on it. I need to buy a step for my family and I'm interested to know everyone's input on what step/sliders are available for me to install.

Thanks in advance for the input!
Little bit more info would be helpful. Do you plan to wheel it? Will you need to use your slider for rocker protection or just a step? There are tons of sliders out there that would work for your application.

If u need an actual slider, LoD is good, JCR classic slider, ace, the TNT are real nice and have a good secure step. If all u need is a step I would look for a set of factory takeoffs on Craigslist can get them real cheap and they make a great step but they do not offer much protection against rocks, logs, median barriers, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little bit more info would be helpful. Do you plan to wheel it? Will you need to use your slider for rocker protection or just a step? There are tons of sliders out there that would work for your application.
It's my daily driver, but I do plan to offroad it occasionally. I'm having a 3.5" lift and 35" tires put on it.

I primarily need it as a step for my grade school kids, but it would be great if it offered some rocker protection as well.

What power steps are there out there that would work well on an Unlimited Rubicon?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I went LoD, but I wanted a slider first and a step second. If mostly just a step, then Barricade and ACE have been very popular on the forum, and these will provide some protection.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm going with Shrockworks. Naturally, I regard their product to be the best slider, but some find their longer production times to be prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm going with Shrockworks. Naturally, I regard their product to be the best slider, but some find their longer production times to be prohibitive.
Shrockworks make a great slider.

If anyone is looking for a strong slider read the description of the material shrockworks use.

·
Registered
78 Posts

If anyone is looking for a strong slider read the description of the material shrockworks use.
I should admit that I ordered my Shrockworks sliders and bumpers four months ago--three months before I even ordered the Jeep, which I'm picking up in Houston about 15 miles away from the Shrockworks shop. So it will all be waiting for me and be installed in the same day!

I've been planning this build since my first JK in 2007. I've looked at all of the various competitors' offerings from time to time, but Shrockworks has persisted in being the one for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would look into RockHard sliders. Built in USA. I am buying these from RockHard 4x4.
All of the sliders mentioned in this thread thus far are made in the US. The TNT, LOD, and Shrockworks are frame-mounted. The Rockhard and Ace are body-mounted. I've never put body-mounted sliders on my jeeps for what I think are obvious reasons.That's just my opinion and maybe I'm just paranoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just saw the YouTube vid on RockHard sliders and I am second guessing now. I don't think I want it mounted to body

·
Registered
242 Posts
All of the sliders mentioned in this thread thus far are made in the US. The TNT, LOD, and Shrockworks are frame-mounted. The Rockhard and Ace are body-mounted. I've never put body-mounted sliders on my jeeps for what I think are obvious reasons.That's just my opinion and maybe I'm just paranoid.
x2 I went with TnT Customs and haven't been disappointed

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I went with Nemesis Industries Billy Rockers

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been looking for the same kind of thing. I want it to be a step and good protection. I also wanted mine to hide the pinch seam. I am looking at Expedition One and Hanson. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I went barricade. Needed step for family, wanted it to be functional for some protection as well.
Chargermop has them too. He has some pictures of them in action with rocks. From what I've read he is quite pleased and recommends them.

Bought them from extreme terrain and XTRyan. He will give you a discount code if you PM him for a quote. They shipped super fast, were pretty easy to install and look great.

Don't have a great pic, but this one shows how they work with the stock rubi rails if you look closely.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,546 Posts

consider white knuckle offroad if you like the shrockworks.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/white-knuckle-offroad-rock-sliders-thread-293465.html

2 week lead time and flawless powdercoating. I purchased two sets of them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts