Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching sun tops. Looking for one that fits a 4door. There are so many options its overwhelming. I bought a Dirty Dog but the mesh is so large that it pretty much doesn't block anything if the sun is straight over you. Looked at the new JeepTopUSA and theirs appears to be the same material. It's really hard to tell with just pictures on the web so I thought I'd put it out there and see what others have found.

I'm looking for maximum light reduction and UV protection. But I still would like to see the sky. So it's a tricky balance. I've even considered buying two and doubling up.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Might as well jump in with another +1 for Spiderwebshade. Top notch company. Should be just what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ran all last summer with a Spiderwebshade. I'm pretty pasty and didn't get burned once.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
SpiderWebShade here and very happy with it. Those gaps don't bother me and help with hard top install and removal while leaving the SWS installed.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dirtydog sun screens are also a great choice.

I also have a fair complexion and do not get burned while doing long drives in the summer.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Gaps are no issue and I'd rather have gaps than have to deal with installing and uninstalling it every time I wanted to put the top on. I have mine installed under my Trektop so it's as easy as flipping the sunrider back. I never even attach the 2 bungees that go where the top attaches and I don't have any issues. I have the JKini that only covers the front seats.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
When I do get one, I'm getting the Trek Armor. I'm extremely OCD and gaps bother the hell out of me. Besides, Mitch from Trek Armor is one cool cat and I absolutely love my seat covers. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I only have experience with the Spider Web Shade and do not have any major complaints. I'm in Texas and I have not been burned by the sun with the top off. I had some minor flapping but added some foam across the speaker bar is and that ended the flapping noise. I keep the SWS on with my HT and I find it is not a hassle to run with both on.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Black spiderweb shade! Ran it all last summer and it works. You would think "oh no....not black in that Texas sun/Florida sun - but seriously the black one works great.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am going to switch back and forth between the spiderweb shade and the bimini top. The safari top to be used when there is a chance of rain and I am trying to keep from ruining another stereo and steering wheel components but if no rain - the spiderweb shade will go on. It is so easy to install - takes me less than 5 minutes and I am short and have to move a stool around to do it.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Never an issue with my DD shade. With the February we are having here in NY, it feels like 3 years ago that I actually looked up at the sun through my shade without my top on.:banghead: (Although I have been doing tons of skiing).

·
Registered
33 Posts
As mentioned once or twice, you can't beat the Spiderweb Shade. It blocks the sun very well and the gaps are not an issue.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts