Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My longterm goal is to go full Offroad Evolution King suspension and Currie axles, which is going to cost a good ~20k installed with 37"s etc...

But in the mean time, I NEED something that will get me out of the stock ride height and wheels until the time for coilover comes..

Any suggestions? I have full Poison Spyder products so my car is lower than stock Saharas, and I'm waiting to put my PSC fenders on with some 33's.

In reality I would love to spend less then 2k for just the suspension. (Shocks/springs). Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,251 Posts
Puck boost.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mines a rock krawler 2.5 stock mod, bilstein 5100s and aev brackets. A little over 1k for everything. I think the teraflex 2.5 will be pretty close to that too. Aev probably a little bit more and BDS a little less.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you are just going to run 33s for now, you dont even need a lift. If you know you are going to 37s why spend ~$800 or whatever now to only ditch it in the trash. Seems like throwing good money away you could be saving for the 4.5"+axles+gears, etc

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
If you are just going to run 33s for now, you dont even need a lift. If you know you are going to 37s why spend ~$800 or whatever now to only ditch it in the trash. Seems like throwing good money away you could be saving for the 4.5"+axles+gears, etc
Because he's a baller and is gonna spend $20K+ on his next build, so what's another $800 now to him?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because he's a baller and is gonna spend $20K+ on his next build, so what's another $800 now to him?
+ a supercharger...

But with that $800 I can always sell it to get a little back and for the meanwhile, I'll love not being a basic ass Jeep!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
That metalcloak lift is also missing the extended brake lines and the front bump stops. Those square are for the rear only, front are pucks. And yes you will need adjustable CA's with a 3" or more lift like that Icon, or drop brackets. With my 3.5 metalcloak I had to move the axles around to center them and adjust the caster. So I messed with both upper and lower control arms. Then I did a drag link flip to tighten everything up and eliminate bump steer. You really can't half a&& a lift. Your all in or all out if you want it right at that height. If your just running 33s save your money and do a budget boost or something. Just my 2 cents but it's your money spend it how you want.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That metalcloak lift is also missing the extended brake lines and the front bump stops. Those square are for the rear only, front are pucks. And yes you will need adjustable CA's with a 3" or more lift like that Icon, or drop brackets. With my 3.5 metalcloak I had to move the axles around to center them and adjust the caster. So I messed with both upper and lower control arms. Then I did a drag link flip to tighten everything up and eliminate bump steer. You really can't half a&& a lift. Your all in or all out if you want it right at that height. If your just running 33s save your money and do a budget boost or something. Just my 2 cents but it's your money spend it how you want.
So with that metalcloak lift, I'll need shocks, brake lines, and front bump stops?
Edit: Just reread the ad, thats exactly what it says haha. Any suggestions on what shocks, brake lines, and bump stops to get?

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
So with that metalcloak lift, I'll need shocks, brake lines, and front bump stops? Edit: Just reread the ad, thats exactly what it says haha. Any suggestions on what shocks, brake lines, and bump stops to get?
Brake lines - check our vendors. Northridge has crown 3-4" lifts for 130ish.
Shocks - there's metalcloak rocksports that is price friendly. Bilsteins, ranchos, and fox as well. Bumpstops. Wait it out until you can cycle your suspension since you also have flares. You can add hockey pucks in time.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
So with that metalcloak lift, I'll need shocks, brake lines, and front bump stops? Edit: Just reread the ad, thats exactly what it says haha. Any suggestions on what shocks, brake lines, and bump stops to get?
I would call metalcloak and buy the brake lines through them. And don't wait on the front bump stops. With stock fender flares you will need 4. With after market or trimmed you only need two for each side. As far as shocks you should ask people how they like their rock sports vs Rancho 9000's. (Adjustable). I have the OME and they are stiff at slow speed but absorb bumps well.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Call MC and get everything you need to complete the package, i have 33's as well, but i have my own 2" franken lift, fairly happy with it so far, until i save the big buckos to go with coilovers and aftermarket front 44 with bigger tires.
Don't know how flexy can a Jeep be with just spacers , mine flexes decently for what it is considering is just a 2" lift :)

20160124_143034 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

20160124_142742 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a 4" skyjacker right now lol cost me like $1,000. all Skyjackers are very very cheap but it's surprisingly done me good for 20,000 miles haha I'd say it'd make a decent temporary lift.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts