Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just plotting out what i wanna get for my future TJ. And wanted to know from people who know there stuff about Jeeps. If yall can answer this question it would be greatly apreciated, Thanks.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Seems like for the best of both worlds, lots of people love the BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's and the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs...I think I got those names right...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Might have a look at Kumho Road Venture KL71's.

They balance really nice and ride very smooth. Unlike my previous TRXuS tires that took several POUNDS of weight per tire to balance out.

I haven't gotten them off-road yet, but I hear good things about them.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Seems like for the best of both worlds, lots of people love the BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's and the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs...I think I got those names right...
I have 33 inch BFG KM2's and really like them. They are great on rocks, dirt and on road and not that noisy. I will find out how good they are in the snow this winter.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Goodyear Duratracs. Road, dirt, mud, snow....None better.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
The best off road tire for you depends entirely on how you off road and where you off road. Dirt? Sand? Mud? Rocks? Deep snow?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
One of the best all around tires in my mind are the cooper stt's.. Not the best in any one terrain but overall it is good or very good in all terrain.. A tire I would look into when that time comes.. Im not on a computer right now but when I get to one I have a link for you

Reactions: Sh00ter

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Dick Cepek mud countrys balanced out super smooth and they run very quiet on the road. Big voids for off road and do pretty well for a tire that is not a 'dedicated' mud tire.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have had mulitiple types of mud tires over the years. I currently have Duratracs and for daily driving as well as off road, mud, snow, sand, and rocks, I think they are the best. They are also one of very few that are actually rated for deep snow and have the snow symbol on the side wall of the tire.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Love, love, love my Duratracs......... :)

Reactions: gsindela

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just put on a set of Duratracs 305 75 16. Haven't had the chance to run them off road yet but they are smooth and quiet. A little too wide for stock rims though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess i am the odd man out, and i know there not whet everyone else is running. but i love the Michelin LXT A/T2 i have ran them on my last 2 vehicles Both 31x10.50R15 and was very pleased, Perfect on the highway, they last FOREVER and offer very surprising traction especially in snow and as long as you watch what your doing in deep mud they will not let you down, But alas there limited choice in sizes and my desire to run 33x12.5R15's will force me to join (happily that is) the Duratracs Crowd just as soon as my Mesa A/P's (Hey, don't judge me they were on my TJ when i bought it) Dies.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
i am partial to the kumho venture a/t's and m/t'f for a daily driver. if it a trails only rig, interco super swamper TSL's are unstoppable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my Kelly safari tsr in10ply used in every terrain to think of never let me down had them on jeep 5 years and a little over 55k on them with 1/4 tread still do awsome but about to order more

1 - 20 of 27 Posts