Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these last night, im not a big fan of rooftop racks, and i needed something to carry gear on. Anyone have any experience with these or bad reviews for them? Geoff if you are around, is it a good product?

·
Vendor
5,702 Posts
You're getting reviews AFTER you bought it? Pants first, then shoes.

Pluses: Best place for putting items AND offroading. (hitch racks really get in the way). About the only way to add storage space except for a full roof rack.

Cons: You're limited to how much weight you can put up there. Best for duffles and things like that. Blocks some visibility (like you had any in the first place).

Reviews: I haven't seen that many. Here's one from JF (there are two, both positive):
Comments: Great product, mounting kit fit great, finish on metal is great, basket even for a poly type of material is holding up fine, the tie down anchors are a nice touch and because the basket is poly it saves weight and also less stress on the tailgate. It is very adjustable for different tire sizes and heights. Overall a great product.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Heh Heh--again

Will support over 700lbs (if you want)--

MBRP JK RACK--mbrpinc.com

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're getting reviews AFTER you bought it? Pants first, then shoes.

Pluses: Best place for putting items AND offroading. (hitch racks really get in the way). About the only way to add storage space except for a full roof rack.

Cons: You're limited to how much weight you can put up there. Best for duffles and things like that. Blocks some visibility (like you had any in the first place).

Reviews: I haven't seen that many. Here's one from JF (there are two, both positive):
Needed to get it ordered so that i can have it for a trip next weekend.

·
Vendor
5,702 Posts
Jimbo: I think most people who get a full overhead rack really like them. But they're just a bit MUCH for some applications.

Sometimes instead of a Clydesdale, you just need a little donkey.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D I'm sure you're right, but

Jimbo: I think most people who get a full overhead rack really like them. But they're just a bit MUCH for some applications.

Sometimes instead of a Clydesdale, you just need a little donkey.
Then there's the guy that buys the "sport" cause he's only gonna do a "little" off-roading, then finds out, he probably shoulda got the Rubi !!!

It's strickly relative !!

Sometimes instead of a big cat, you just need a little (?????)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JIMBOX said:
:D I'm sure you're right, but

Then there's the guy that buys the "sport" cause he's only gonna do a "little" off-roading, then finds out, he probably shoulda got the Rubi !!!

It's strickly relative !!

Sometimes instead of a big cat, you just need a little (?????)

I honestly have no use for a full top rack. I never have that much gear and i had one on my land rover and it was a pain in the ass to get stuff on and off it without a ladder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts