Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the looks and versatility of this trail soft top but I have 2 questions with it. Would people recommend this one(leaks with air and water?) and does it come with all the components to install it?

Bestop Wrangler Trektop 56805-35 (07-15 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping

There is also one made by barricade but i prefer this one. Looking for some feedback. I plan on buying tonight! Thanks much appreciated!

p.s. pictures of yours would be nice too!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I had this on my 2013 JKU. It comes with all the pieces you need. No leaks. I really liked it but traded in the Jeep for my Rubicon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So far I've had my top for a week and I have no complaints. No leaks and it has been raining for the past 2 days. Comes with all the parts but a little rough to install since the top is so tight. Just let it sit in the sun for a little if you can. If not put top on and blast your heater to warm it up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've had the Trektop on my 2dr now for something like 8 months or so. Initial install takes a LONG time unless it's 90 and super sunny out. Top is tight and next to impossible to get fully closed up for a while. But in time it loosens up enough to fit properly. I have zero leaks and it's been fine in the winter. Only time I get water in it is when I wash it and spray the back window, the bottom corners of the rear window let some water in. No biggy just some drops that dry up in no time. But driving in rain, not a drop.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I run my trektop NX 3 seasons out of the year and love it! Winter time I put my hard top back on, but I have not had any leaks the past 2 years! Can't wait to put it back on in the next month. Only negative is it's not as quiet as the hard top, but you get used to it, and well worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Have had a Trektop NX premium twill for right at a year now. It has never been parked in a garage, it has been through canyons and beaches and spent the year in the Texas sun. Its still black as coal, looks like new, has never leaked and cannot wait to purchase the second one to go on top of my honey's new white Rubi. That's been our experience anyway. It also only took us a couple hours to install, we had no issues.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had that top on all last summer. I love it. No leaks, its easy to take on and off, It will store in the back of my jku easily.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just picked one of these up. There's a $50 rebate on the Trektop NX right now, plus forum sponsors will give you a deal. Can't wait to get mine and install it (bought a hardtop lift too!). BTW the link you listed you can get a forum code I bet if you ask XTRyan nicely.

In the end it works out to a very nice deal.

·
Registered
413 Posts
For the same price you could get the Trektop NX . It gives you the sunrider feature and the sides and back remove separately.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I really like the looks and versatility of this trail soft top but I have 2 questions with it. Would people recommend this one(leaks with air and water?) and does it come with all the components to install it?

Bestop Wrangler Trektop 56805-35 (07-15 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping

There is also one made by barricade but i prefer this one. Looking for some feedback. I plan on buying tonight! Thanks much appreciated!

p.s. pictures of yours would be nice too!
The Bestop Trektop is a popular option if you don't have softop hardware and don't want the framed up/down function of the factory top. A lot of people choose the Bestop Trektop NX because it has removable side windows which the Trektop doesn't have.

Both come with all the hardware you need to install them and they'll both seal up dry and tight.

Let me know if your interested in either top and I'll get you a great price on one!

-Ryan

·
Registered
139 Posts
I actually thought this was the NX, but nice to see others have given guidance to that that instead.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Bestop Trektop is a popular option if you don't have softop hardware and don't want the framed up/down function of the factory top. A lot of people choose the Bestop Trektop NX because it has removable side windows which the Trektop doesn't have. Both come with all the hardware you need to install them and they'll both seal up dry and tight. Let me know if your interested in either top and I'll get you a great price on one! -Ryan
Yeah I looked into the NX and I think I would like a quote! I talked to you a bit over Christmas when I was thinking about getting a top but I've finally decided to put the money on it!

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Yeah I looked into the NX and I think I would like a quote! I talked to you a bit over Christmas when I was thinking about getting a top but I've finally decided to put the money on it!
I got your PM! Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can do anything else for you!

-Ryan

·
Registered
434 Posts
I love the look of the fast back soft top. With the "sunrider" portion folded back how does it handle at high speed /on the interstate? Seems it would catch a lot of air vs the regular soft top that folds all the way down, maybe that catches air too?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had the NX for two years now. I take it off for the winter here in co but that's a choice I made myself. I put the hard top on.
I actually found a youtube video to install as it was a bit confusing. I had my iPad out and simply followed the video.
I laid out the material in the sun while I installed hardware. The heat actually killed my lawn in spots where it was laying out. I'm sure that helped with the zippers the first time.
Once installed it zipped up pretty firmly but easily. No leaks at all so far.
I bought some soft blankets and Velcro straps and place the windows rolled up under my back seat so I have them in case of rain when out. You just have to remove the side window corner plastic pieces out. Then put back in when you install of course.
I keep my spider shade on. I installed grommets where the middle pole straps clip into your threaded screws for the hard top inside the cab. Those directly above the seat rest of the front seats. I also wrapped some spider ball straps on each side to keep it secure. Works GREAT!
The only thing that can get a little annoying is having to remove two spider balls or install when I have the front open or closed. If that's annoying then I suppose I'm kind of anal. Lol
Would I suggest this top? YES!!! As long as you are ok with the back seat being bikini top covered all the time. Since it's usually only myself, wife and the dog...we are good to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought my trektop nx from extreme terrain this week. Still sitting in the box waiting for it to warm up past 45 degrees. Can I install it on a cold day or should I wait for it to warm up?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just had my trektop nx delivered today from Baseline Outfitters. PM Jarod for a price! It snowed today so I'll be waiting a few days but it gives me time to get my Tuffy security enclosure installed..

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would wait for warmer weather or at least a sunny day. The tops are tight on first fitting. If you can't wait keep the top inside then install in a sunny spot.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts