Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my jk used. The zippers were veryyyyyy tough to open and close on the soft top. I just applied best top zipper cleaner and lubricant. The bottle comes with a bristle applicator. It made a difference of night and day. If your zippers are very hard to work, this will help a lot.

I got in on line for like 7 dollars. The bottle has enough product that it should last for 10-15 applications depending on how heavy you apply it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check this out. The original top on my 97 TJ could use a little lube. The zippers aren't terrible, but it could use a little help. And at that price, any help would be worth it!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Although I have not done it yet I've seen a lot of reference in Wrangler forums of folks using wax. Candles, soap, bees wax etc. They just apply it a couple times a year and apparently it lubricates the zippers when you use them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have bought zipper lube. It was basically a candle stick. It worked great. It did attract more dirt and dust in the long run, which I imagine is unavoidable.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I use a block of canning wax I got from my mother probably 20 yr ago to lube a sliding door on my old house. Also use it to lube drawer slides and anything like that. That friggin block is gonna last a lifetime! Ha ha!
Works great on any zipper.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I use a block of canning wax I got from my mother probably 20 yr ago to lube a sliding door on my old house. Also use it to lube drawer slides and anything like that. That friggin block is gonna last a lifetime! Ha ha! Works great on any zipper.
that wax is also great for runner sleds! We waxed the heck out of our sled runners as kids!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stuff I got seems like its silicone based and its like a gel. It does not seem to attract dirt or dust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts