Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 92 YJ 4.0L,auto that is bone stock. It has 225/75R15 street tire on stock wheels. I have a brand new set of 31X10.50R15 cooper discoverer stt. I was wonder what the best way and the cheapest way to clear them is. Would I need aftermarket wheels? Am not a huge fan of BL. But I like the idea of a daystar 1" BL and some 1" MML and a belly pan down the road. My body mounts aint in great shape so I think the 1"BL might be a good start.

·
Registered
19,285 Posts
I put on bigger shackles and clear fine. mine are the one piece but everyone else says the boomer rang greasebale ones are the way to go. it takes a couple hours to do.

·
Registered
19,285 Posts

I think they ate about 8 inches long. I think 2 inches longer then stock? and way heavier duty made. I can find a better pic if you want

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Why even get a lift? Stock suspension will clear 31's. You'd only have to trim your rear fenders a bit. 1" isn't worth the effort to me. Shackles, depending on type, aren' a bad idea to replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts