Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
428 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
584 Posts
You can (close) color match it with a Krylon or Rust-Oleum rattle-can, or you can take the opportunity to change the color on all four and have them all match. Choice is up to you...

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
267 Posts
Is that on the textured black fenders?

If so, first get isopropyl alcohol and clean the area well from any oils, treatments, etc......then try carefully applying some heat (heat gun or hair dryer) and just keep moving the heat around the scratches....go slow, cooler at first.....you get it to a temperature where it sort of self heals. Then let it cool before touching it with anything. Don't get it too hot, or it will kind of turn shiny....go slow.

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
428 Posts
On a serious note...you can use plastic restorer and see how it comes out. Doesn't look deep. You can also paint it with plastic paint as stated before me. I did that to the flairs on my tj and it lasted years. I scratched up my driver's rear flairs. But my story is....she slipped off a rock and hit a tree.....oh well. Could leave it and say.....if you think that's bad, you should see the tree...!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I've got what looks like a clean shave on my left front from a drive through coffee stop somewhere when I got a little too close ;)

On the right side I was attacked by the highway barrier when it moved into me too fast to react and left a streak/scratch just about the height of the standard highway barrier.

I don't think about them much.

Reactions: Boxcarwill

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got what looks like a clean shave on my left front from a drive through coffee stop somewhere when I got a little too close ;)

On the right side I was attacked by the highway barrier when it moved into me too fast to react and left a streak/scratch just about the height of the standard highway barrier.

I don't think about them much.
I’ve had pretty good luck buffing out with 000 or 0000 (I think it’s 0000) steel wool. Lightly until nearly disappears.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just trim them and run them like flat fenders.......or get yourself some Metalcloak Overline fenders. Just sayin'........

·
Registered
2016 Firecracker JKU Sport S -mostly stock at this point
158 Posts
I got one pretty messed up then found a exact match that was better condition than the original at a local Jeep outfitter's take-off pile. I got it for the price of a box of steel wool. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would try a little acetone and see what wipe off. My son backed into the drain pipe on his house and the majority of the scratch wiped off.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I must be a total loser. I ripped one of the rears off on the Rubicon and just replaced the clips. One of the front ones is “sad” from smacking it on something, and I’m pretty sure there are some decent gouges in the others. I have less than zero interest in “fixing” or replacing them.

BUT, I use Meguiar’s Ultimate Black on all the plastic and slather that stuff on like a Jersey Shore douche canoe applies cologne. I bet if you did that, it would hide the little scratch pretty well. Seriously, slather that stuff on in relative cool temps with zero sunlight on it and I bet it would cover it up very well. I put it on so thick there sometimes is a layer of white you can see and then kinda buff it out a few minutes later. I’ve used this to clean off mud stains and all that. As best as possible, here now over 9 years later mine look darn good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts