Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a few month old 2014 and already the door handles and plastic want to turn a dull gray. What is the best way to keep these shining black?

Thanks,

King Con

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Mother's Back to Black. There are several products out there intended to re-dye fading trim, B2B has never treated me wrong.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've had good success with Back to Black as well on older vehicles. IMO the best prevention is to keep them waxed. Two years Florida sun no fading on my wife's 2012. We wax monthly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1 on the Aerospace 303. It magical! lol

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Answer- use both. Typical woman. ;)
I do like 303; but for keeping items black I'd suggest Back to Black. I've used B to B on my 2002 Ranger and 1992 Porsche since I bought them. The Ranger has never been garaged- and the trim still looked great up until a few years ago. And that's about when I got lazy and stopped applying it. I use 303 on a bunch of other stuff anyway- I think it repels dirt better. So I alternate them- or hit the fenders with a coat of each when I apply.

·
Registered
684 Posts
+Back to Black. I also use aTurtle Wax Ice on everything. It's not the best wax but it is very quick & easy and can be used on anything(painted surfaces, plastics, glass, etc.).

·
Registered
586 Posts
I use Mother's Back to Black. There are several products out there intended to re-dye fading trim, B2B has never treated me wrong.
Agreed. I used to use this product on my 1992 Miata and my 2002 Ford Escape door handles and other black trim. Completely renews gray to Black.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I recommend replacing them with the Rampage handles. At the end of the day if they are already gray or turning gray it is only going to get worse. You don't have to worry about that with the Rampage handles because they are powder coated stainless steel. Part #87501

1 - 13 of 13 Posts