Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up my jeep from the dealer yesterday and they placed one of those stupid dealership stickers on the back of my jeep. Whats the best way to remove it?

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just catch the edge with your finger nail and peel it off, if it leaves any residue remove it with WD-40 or some cleaner wax.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Use a blowdryer to heat it up. Then peel it off. Use a light cleaner to remove the sticker goo.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I know some people will tell you NOT to do this but having removed every dealer sticker from every car I've ever bought this way, its just fine.

A nice new razor blade and some goo gone for any residue. Works everytime. Just go at a low angle nice and easy.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ask the dealer to do it for you. Unless you asked for the sticker or it was in the contract or part of the bill of sale they had no right to put it on YOUR Jeep in the first place. That's if you're feeling curmudgeony though.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I sprayed WD-40 on mine, waited about 4 to 5 minutes, and then used a plastic putty knife/spreader to peel it off. Wiped it down afterwards. It came right off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL - take it back to the dealer and tell them they need to remove all dealer advertising off your truck. If they want you to advertise for them, they should pay you a monthly stipend. That's what I did for my Miata, they never said a single word about it. My Jeep had no advertising.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Brake cleaner will take it off :eek:

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Heat gun or blow dryer. Metal putty knife (plastic ones will melt with the heat gun)
DO NOT use the razor blade. While it will work if you don't do it just right you'll take the paint with it.
I've removed and installed decals on jeeps, trucks, semi's, and motor coaches.

·
Registered
336 Posts
dont use a heat gun for something so simple...you could really mess up your paintg. listen to the folks mentioning the hair dryer. heat with that then just peel off, it will come in a jiffy. then goo gone for cleanup. best way.

·
Registered
992 Posts
kidding about the brake clean.

just had a bad visual of someone doing it to a Jeep.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Nothing wrong with a heat gun on low.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts