Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for some new wipers. I usually just buy whatever is on the shelf at the local auto parts store. I don't do any mudding or nothing but hate streaky and uneven wipers. What is the best quality wiper blade that you guys run on your jeeps, or other vehicles at that?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Go frameless...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just replaced mine and the guy at Autozone said they dont make 13" blades in the frameless so i opted for winter blades. i'll have to find some frameless ones online I had them on my lincoln and really liked them.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Ansco Winter Blades, I run them all year round, the frames are covered with rubber so when the mud does start to fly it doesn't clog up the frame/hinges and the rubber is more durable than a typical blade.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to the local Advance a few weeks ago for replacements and they had exactly 1 (one) 13" wiper in the store. I asked them what good was that as people generally change them in pairs and that I knew I didn't own the only Jeep in the area.

I usually have to just put on what I can find locally since they carry gazillions of the other sizes but only one or two kinds of 13's.

Best pair of blades I ever had for any vehicle were some "Triple Edge" blades (As Seen on TV!). The directions said to wipe them down with ammonia before installing them and they left a sheen on the windshield similar to RainX. Rarely if ever used the wipers above low intermittent, no matter how hard it was raining. Cannot find them any longer...

Have a great day... RT

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I started running the Rampage wipers recently and absolutely love them. For the price that they are, it's pretty much the same as what you're going to get wiper brand "x" at the store. Not my Jeep, but here they are in action. I thought that was a pretty impressive picture for someone not using washer fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
I looked on the Bosch Website as those are what i had on my lincoln ls and they said they do not make them to fit a 98 wrangler. does anyone have a link for 13" Bosch Icons?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ever tried silicone wiper blades?
I have on previous cars (PIAA) and to be honest, found them to be a pain in the butt. They tend to leave a silicon smear on the windscreen after a few months use.

I now opt for Bosch wiper blades and treat the windscreen with RainX. This gives better results in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts