Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base radio in my 2017 Sport...I want to add a apple car play one...has anyone used Best Buy for this? Do there installers do a good job?

Eddie

·
Registered
467 Posts
this is going to give you a range of answers. i did get my head unit installed by best buy (they have a competitor match, you can't beat), but the quality of workmanship from the installer is going to vary from store to store.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
As mentioned above quality varies, but overall the quality is poor- you'd be better served finding a local audio shop to do the work or DIY'ing rather than using a big box store install bay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought my Pioneer 4200 NEX at BestBuy but decided I wanted a professional install. Just trust the local guy who does it for a living with great YELP ratings getting into and cutting my dash more than a person with who knows how much training and experience. Not saying they wouldn't't do a good job, but it's hard to fix a screwed up in dash install.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Talk to the installer at your local BB. Feel him or her out to see if you can tell if they know what they are doing. You should be able to tell by asking key questions about installation. I have never had any work done at mine but did talk to the installer and he knew his stuff. I would have no problem letting him do work for me. Many BB installers start at smaller local shops but move on to BB for various reasons. Could be financial. Could be for benefits.

Tap'd from my 7+
OIIIIIIIO

·
Registered
513 Posts
Best Buy did my 4200NEX install. The guy here has been with BB for many years. He knows his stuff for sure. He's an older guy (30's) so its not like this is his first job. He had started out at a few of the audio shops in town years ago, but they have all closed up. Car stereo shops around here have gone the way of mom and pop main street stores.....vanished. 20 yrs ago when I used the local shops I had more issues then than I have lately with BB. Every location and installer will be different, but our local BB is top notch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts