Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is a new product. It is a safari with a built in header. The cable sides are supposed to grip the door surrounds like a factory top. I was thinking this would be good for the Florida summer downpours. Keep rain off the front seats and dash, and me. I think the standard header safari would probably leak a bit in our daily thunderstorms. Don't care about the back as my tub is lined. Anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
141 Posts
This?

I think this is a new product. It is a safari with a built in header. The cable sides are supposed to grip the door surrounds like a factory top. I was thinking this would be good for the Florida summer downpours. Keep rain off the front seats and dash, and me. I think the standard header safari would probably leak a bit in our daily thunderstorms. Don't care about the back as my tub is lined. Anyone tried this yet?
Are you talking about something like this?... Bestop 52581-35 - Bestop® Header Safari Bikini® Tops for 07-09 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

If so I own a mesh version

·
Registered
141 Posts
How do you tell if you have door surrounds? I have a hard top only.
I think it is the inserts that are attached (at least on a soft top) and are pushed under the edge of the outside of the top of the roll bar. Thats my guess anyway

·
Registered
162 Posts
Right. No soft top, no surrounds. The bikinis still work without the surrounds, but not as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tball said:
No, this is the previously existing top. The one I am talking about comes with the header attached and has spring loaded cables on the sides just like the factory soft top. It seals against the door surrounds, unlike the one you linked to. This is it:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11131_05XX_PG.htm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tball said:
I think it is the inserts that are attached (at least on a soft top) and are pushed under the edge of the outside of the top of the roll bar. Thats my guess anyway
If you have only a hard top you do not have door surrounds. They are plastic and attach to the bar above the door opening with hand turned bolts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thomm99 said:
Right. No soft top, no surrounds. The bikinis still work without the surrounds, but not as well.
You wouldn't buy the top I am talking about unless you have the door surrounds. The difference between it and the header bikini is that the cable style one seals against the door surrounds and would keep out rain. I live in south Florida, where rain is a big deal. I don't care about the back of the jeep as it is coated in line-x, but this would keep the dash and seats completely dry.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I haven't seen anyone with one, but very interested in it for mine.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have mine on the way, but won't have it ready for a while as I am staring out at this blizzard....oooooorrr should i throw it on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have mine on the way, but won't have it ready for a while as I am staring out at this blizzard....oooooorrr should i throw it on?
Of COURSE you should throw it on. And then post pics for us! Seriously, please let us know how it is once the frostbite danger is over.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the dual top and my 2012 sunrider softop door surrounds have 2 hooks that stick up to catch the frame so the sunridder can pivot back. I have never installed my bikini top with door surrounds on because I thought these hooks would eventually tear through my bikini top. Am I missing something? Does this new top work with those catches sticking up?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the dual top and my 2012 sunrider softop door surrounds have 2 hooks that stick up to catch the frame so the sunridder can pivot back. I have never installed my bikini top with door surrounds on because I thought these hooks would eventually tear through my bikini top. Am I missing something? Does this new top work with those catches sticking up?
Very good question

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can't remember, do they old style surrounds have have the sunrider option? meaning the spring clips to attach it? becuse they have been out for a while now and no one has really said anything about it...

·
Registered
904 Posts
today's the day, do I need pictures or do you guys want to take my word for it?
we trust you but, Pics please! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts