Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 JKUR 4 1/2 inch Synergy Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, Aev rims on 37's
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has anyone bought these doors and came up with a fix for them so they dont leak? Or how to adjust them to where they fit tighter at the top where it meets the door surrounds? Thought about buying weather stripping for the surrounds. Not sure of the size or brand. When not raining you can see light on the corners coming through. Any help would be appreciated / tips. thx

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Ok, so on my Jeep JK OEM uppers, you lay the door outside up, on a smooth clean surface and measure the distance from the countertop, to the top of the post.
The front post should measure 46mm, and the rear post should measure 37mm.
If need to adjust, heat up the posts carefully and slip a pipe over the end to bend to above measurements.
BE CAREFULL, do not get the post too hot, they will melt.
Good luck, they will probably leak some, just the nature of the beast. That said, you should not see light.
You can also add a 4mm strip of butyl on the top front corner (A-Pillar corner)of the doors. 6" before and after the corner between the door seal and door.
Mopar part # 68027813AA Mopar Butyl strips

These are directions for factory half doors, used this putting the Bestop twill uppers on my OEM halfies

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ok, so on my Jeep JK OEM uppers, you lay the door outside up, on a smooth clean surface and measure the distance from the countertop, to the top of the post.
The front post should measure 46mm, and the rear post should measure 37mm.
If need to adjust, heat up the posts carefully and slip a pipe over the end to bend to above measurements.
BE CAREFULL, do not get the post too hot, they will melt.
Good luck, they will probably leak some, just the nature of the beast. That said, you should not see light.
You can also add a 4mm strip of butyl on the top front corner (A-Pillar corner)of the doors. 6" before and after the corner between the door seal and door.
Mopar part # 68027813AA Mopar Butyl strips

These are directions for factory half doors, used this putting the Bestop twill uppers on my OEM halfies
Hmm. Same problem here with my bestop uppers on my Mopar half doors. I’m probably just dense but I’m having a hard time picturing what you mean when you say to add the butyl strip to the corner of the door. Any photo to help a visual learner? Would love to reduce my leaking in Texas deluge season - we got almost 5” in about 3 hours today!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Hmm. Same problem here with my bestop uppers on my Mopar half doors. I’m probably just dense but I’m having a hard time picturing what you mean when you say to add the butyl strip to the corner of the door. Any photo to help a visual learner? Would love to reduce my leaking in Texas deluge season - we got almost 5” in about 3 hours today!
Ok, go to my drive and download the file from thus link Jeep Water Leaks
Go to page 82 and start there.
Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Yea, there is no cure all as you say, they will leak somewhat.
It's the nature of the beast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts