Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What do you think about the anticipated pricing?

• What I thought I’d pay, when can I buy them?!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is reasonable compared to the other options available and their features

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • More than I thought, might considering buying

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Way too expensive, I won’t buy them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 425 Posts

·
Vendor
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hey guys,

Timing is May, we don't give exact dates for shipping as things can happen in production.

If a change or something is made after production, we replace these parts under warranty for you, no need to purchase anything additional.

Hope this helps, I think i am just as excited to get these doors on my rig as you guys are!!

CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
10 Posts
To anybody else that has pre-ordered - do your orders keep getting cancelled? I placed an order for a set of four uppers, that order was partially canceled removing the rears. I called Bestop and Customer Service suggested I place a separate online order for the rears. That too was cancelled. I called CS again and placed a phone order for the rears, now my order for the front pair has been cancelled weeks later. What am I doing wrong here?

·
Vendor
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Oh No!!!

Shoot me a PM, I will see what i can find out on my end.

CassieAtBestop

To anybody else that has pre-ordered - do your orders keep getting cancelled? I placed an order for a set of four uppers, that order was partially canceled removing the rears. I called Bestop and Customer Service suggested I place a separate online order for the rears. That too was cancelled. I called CS again and placed a phone order for the rears, now my order for the front pair has been cancelled weeks later. What am I doing wrong here?

·
Vendor
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Anyone heading to EJS?? We will have a 4-door set on my personal JKU and a 2-door set in our booth during the Vendor show. Come by to check them out in person and see how awesome they are! We are taking orders at the show as well ;)

CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
55 Posts
not sure if this applies to core doors, but through the month of April Bestop has a $100.00 rebate on select products. Hopefully, Bestop will chime in on this.
April of what year? 😁

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just checked my quadra backorder for these and the shipping changed to May 15th.

Probably going to cancel my order and just get them in October when I might need them.

I will be doorless in May. Plus May 15th ship might become June 15th.

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
Hey there [email protected] can you confirm if these are 100% fabricated and made in the USA?

Thanks!
It would be great if they were, not that the Jeep was... but you can say the doors were. I would be shocked if they were actually. Places that do that kind of foundry work these days is becoming increasingly sparse in the States and brutally expensive to work with. Maybe Bestop will surprise us.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It would be great if they were, not that the Jeep was... but you can say the doors were. I would be shocked if they were actually. Places that do that kind of foundry work these days is becoming increasingly sparse in the States and brutally expensive to work with. Maybe Bestop will surprise us.
I agree, part of the reason I'm asking is more about quality control of the first production run AND the time to actually have it shipped. If they are not ready soon, it'll mean they'll need to ask for another prototype from china and that'll take weeks, then a much longer time for a production run. In which case, this'll be a 'next year thing.'

Worse, to not miss the season, a "less than idea" version might be put out.

It's concerning they had a ready date for April, then it shifted to May, and they don't even have a production set ready for EJS.

So I'm using a May 15th deadline. If it's later than that, I'll cancel and re-order next year maybe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dont but i will see if i can find out!

For those heading to EJS, we will have Core Doors to show you!! They will not be full production as we are doing final testing and Engineering wont let us take them :) BUT you can come by and see them in person, operate them and see how awesome and light they are in person!

CassieAtBestop
Thanks CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
129 Posts
Some other questions as these come into the market......

1) Will there a option for hard sliding uppers in the future?

2) will the center piece of the lower door have pockets?

3) How secure are these doors? The center piece with those tabs holding it in place seem to give the impression they would be easy to kick through. One kick, reach in and unlock, then there goes any valuables.

4) Can the door locks be re-keyed, so you can use the OEM Jeep key?

I love the look of these doors! I'm not too crazy about the price though. The upside is these doors seem to give you full, half, and tube/safari options all in one. That's great if you're limited on storage space.

·
Registered
31 Posts
3) How secure are these doors? The center piece with those tabs holding it in place seem to give the impression they would be easy to kick through. One kick, reach in and unlock, then there goes any valuables.
It'd be easier for someone to unzip the plastic window (which you can do from outside the jeep) or to just cut through to open the door. So I wouldn't be concerned about this.

Even if you did the glass slider retrofit, a thief could still cut the fabric under it. Not to mention, brealing the glass would be easier than kicking in a door panel (that they don't know about).

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Hey guys,

These doors were designed and engineered in the US, our manufacturing facility is not within the US.

We are still tracking for early May release, and let me say i am excited for you guys to get these! I have them on my Jeep for EJS all week and LOVED them!

Taking out the panels was incredibly easy and great when i wanted an additional breeze. I have a 3.8 so that engine heat can get pretty intense.

We are looking at options such as pockets, and i will mention the hard sliders.

For those that saw the doors in person at EJS were very pleased with the doors and understood the pricing. We will have them at shows all summer for those to see in person!

CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
687 Posts
hard sliding uppers look good and sound like a good idea, until you have to go through a drive through, have to swipe your security badge at work parking garage.. . or want to stick your head out a little to check your wheel placements on the rocks. heh.

I'm actually considering swapping out my hard uppers for my strike force zebra doors when they come out with the soft uppers if they have zippered windows.

81 - 100 of 425 Posts