Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What do you think about the anticipated pricing?

• What I thought I’d pay, when can I buy them?!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is reasonable compared to the other options available and their features

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • More than I thought, might considering buying

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Way too expensive, I won’t buy them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
101 - 120 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
hard sliding uppers look good and sound like a good idea, until you have to go through a drive through, have to swipe your security badge at work parking garage.. . or want to stick your head out a little to check your wheel placements on the rocks. heh.

I'm actually considering swapping out my hard uppers for my strike force zebra doors when they come out with the soft uppers if they have zippered windows.

I had zippered uppers on my last two TJs and loved them.....until I had to roll up to a drive through. Unzippering the windows and fold them back to stick your hand out for the things you mentioned was a PITA to me. That was about the only thing I didn't like about them. Being able to toss them in the back for more open aired feel made me forget real quick though.

I've never had sliding uppers. I think the biggest issue I'd have with them would be to know which way to slide the glass so I'm even with the drive through window. I'd imagine they would be heavier than soft uppers too, but I'll take that trade off if they are more secure than having soft full doors.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hey guys,

These doors were designed and engineered in the US, our manufacturing facility is not within the US.

We are still tracking for early May release, and let me say i am excited for you guys to get these! I have them on my Jeep for EJS all week and LOVED them!

Taking out the panels was incredibly easy and great when i wanted an additional breeze. I have a 3.8 so that engine heat can get pretty intense.

We are looking at options such as pockets, and i will mention the hard sliders.

For those that saw the doors in person at EJS were very pleased with the doors and understood the pricing. We will have them at shows all summer for those to see in person!

CassieAtBestop

A solid internal panel that covers everything would also be very nice. All of those exposed casting bars in the lower parts are the door under and around the removable panel are going to completely SUCK to clean when they get full of dust. I thought about this/realized this after coming back from a trip to calico two weeks ago and seeing just how crazy dusty my complete interior was. I cleaned my black turned tan door panels with a wet rag, however the bestops in its current state will be a complete PITA to clean. Something to consider.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had zippered uppers on my last two TJs and loved them.....until I had to roll up to a drive through. Unzippering the windows and fold them back to stick your hand out for the things you mentioned was a PITA to me. That was about the only thing I didn't like about them. Being able to toss them in the back for more open aired feel made me forget real quick though.

I've never had sliding uppers. I think the biggest issue I'd have with them would be to know which way to slide the glass so I'm even with the drive through window. I'd imagine they would be heavier than soft uppers too, but I'll take that trade off if they are more secure than having soft full doors.

I never gave it any thought until it came time to use them. The sliding glass takes away half of the opening. I had zipper windows with my old bestop element doors and the full opening works better for my needs. My big head with ball cap doesn't fit through the small space of the sliders. hahaha.

·
Registered
687 Posts
A solid internal panel that covers everything would also be very nice. All of those exposed casting bars in the lower parts are the door under and around the removable panel are going to completely SUCK to clean when they get full of dust. I thought about this/realized this after coming back from a trip to calico two weeks ago and seeing just how crazy dusty my complete interior was. I cleaned my black turned tan door panels with a wet rag, however the bestops in its current state will be a complete PITA to clean. Something to consider.

They might be light enough that folks might not mind pulling them off and hitting them with a hose. But i've never washed my jeep so that's just speculation. hahaha.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
They might be light enough that folks might not mind pulling them off and hitting them with a hose. But i've never washed my jeep so that's just speculation. hahaha.
Id rather just have a plastic cover over it. Especially for 2K.:hide:
And yes I pre ordered... But i'm thinking of canceling.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Any updates? Any more photos??
There has been ZIP for photos and I know a few of you Bestop employees have been running them for a few months.

·
Vendor
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
What pictures are you looking for? We have been posting them on our social media when we are testing.

CassieAtBestop

There has been ZIP for photos and I know a few of you Bestop employees have been running them for a few months.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Post links here. Post your photos here. Post links to your social media.

What pictures are you looking for? We have been posting them on our social media when we are testing.

CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah... links please. We 50+ jeepers don't do social media like 12 year old teens

·
Vendor
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
You guys are killing me ;) Kidding... If i could get away with no social media i would! Here are a few links, let me know if you want something further.

Twill uppers will be released a little after (not much) the Core Doors. Core Doors are currently IN HOUSE AND BEING INSPECTED!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvhu9UFnxmx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEkLAHHqVP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCYhZpHPHA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

CassieAtBestop

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Hey Cassie!

Thanks again for all the help last year with the Glide, it's holding up great!

Question about the Core Doors...what material is that removable center section made of? Is it gasketed aluminum like the rest of the door?

Also, will there be colored uppers to match your other twill top offerings coming (Tan, Red, Blue, Grey, etc)??

And sorry if this was answered already, are those uppers completely closed or do the windows zip? I've seen the requests for glass slider uppers but I'm curious about the launch versions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks! I'll follow you on IG.

You guys are killing me ;) Kidding... If i could get away with no social media i would! Here are a few links, let me know if you want something further.

Twill uppers will be released a little after (not much) the Core Doors. Core Doors are currently IN HOUSE AND BEING INSPECTED!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvhu9UFnxmx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEkLAHHqVP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCYhZpHPHA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Cassie, can you tell me what the weight is on these doors? Both front and rear.

Wondering how easy there are to take off, put on, and store in the back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK thanks, are you getting directly from Bestop? or a dealer?

Northridge4x4 told me yesterday that '4 door bundles' shipping is about 'a month out'

I dunno if it's because even though lowers are ready... dealers won't ship bundles until both uppers and lowers are available...

Also wondering if Bestop is shipping to customers before dealers

People who ordered lowers only should be getting them now and can't wait for a review

101 - 120 of 425 Posts