Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently purchased an unused factory soft top from an individual. Unfortunately, it did not have the door surround hardware, so I am looking to purchase the front and rear surrounds and the knobs to attach them to the vehicle. Bestop sells a kit with all items included (part number 55011-01). I know that Bestop manufactures the factory top, and that this kit is compatible with the factory components I already have. However, I am curious as to how close to the factory hardware this kit is. Does it look the same or very similar? Is it of similar construction and quality? Better or worse? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
810 Posts
There are a couple of different surrounds offered by Bestop, be sure you get the one that match your top. 1 type is standard, and they have another type that is for a cable-style top that will not work with the standard oem top. 55011-01 is the cable style I believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I tell whether it is a cable style top? It is definitely the premium fabric, and it came off a 2014 JKU with the dual top option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can also go used Mopar, which will be around the same price as aftermarket, maybe cheaper. I just purchased a ton of used parts on eBay for my factory soft top, I was happy with everything that I received. If you're worried about compatibility I'd look there. Bestop is also very helpful and will make sure you're buying the right parts if you contact them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts