Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have come to the conclusion that I really want half doors..the choice is between these two because the core doors are out of budget. I would use the half doors from May until Oct. In Illinois we get pop up storms frequently during the summer and going out without doors is sometimes a battle. My question is for my purposes would it be a good idea to spend twice the money and get the element doors with enclosures and uppers or just get the soft doors. The other issue is the passenger side mirror...I read that the soft doors if you mount the mirror on the tub that you cannot see it with the upper on the door.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You can mount the mirror on the A pillar . I can see mine no problem. I love my soft doors. Not perfect but they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love my soft doors. Keep in mind that 1..they take a while to fit and don't fit perfectly. 2. Unless you bend them in quite a bit, they will pull away at the top at highway speeds. (You can get canopy ties to hold them to your sun visor though). 3. They leak in heavy storms, but I don't have carpet in so I don't mind. For me they are great. I use them all during the warm months, when it's not raining they are off and split in half in the trunk.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can mount the mirror on the A pillar . I can see mine no problem. I love my soft doors. Not perfect but they work.

What mirrors do you use? I think I will go with the soft doors. They would be mostly for just encase of pop up storms. If it is suppose to rain and I have advanced notice I can throw the hard doors back on..They soft doors I assume are a lot easier to deal with putting into the trunk as well?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What mirrors do you use? I think I will go with the soft doors. They would be mostly for just encase of pop up storms. If it is suppose to rain and I have advanced notice I can throw the hard doors back on..They soft doors I assume are a lot easier to deal with putting into the trunk as well?

I have the rugged ridge quick release mirrors. I only have the front soft doors but they fit easily in the trunk.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the rugged ridge quick release mirrors. I only have the front soft doors but they fit easily in the trunk.

Any tips on how to make them seal better? From what I have read they do not seal great.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Any tips on how to make them seal better? From what I have read they do not seal great.

You mainly just have to bend the uppers in some so they seal as tight as possible when you close them. The biggest thing I found was using a bungee cord or Velcro on the uppers and attaching them to your visor. This keeps them nice and tight at highway speed and keeps the rain out. Atleast for me.

I only get rain on the floor mats as it runs down the edges of the doors but never that much. I might just be lucky though.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I have Bestop Elements with the sleeves. LOVE them. I can tell you 100% the sleeves make a difference in wind. They also cut down on trail dirt. They do block a decent amount of rain but you're going to get wet in a down pour. We don't have many in California it's not a big deal to me. I have quick-pins for my full doors and wall mounts so swapping is easy.

NO mirror is perfect. I've researched and researched and researched. They all seem to have issues- blurry, shaking, can't position, blind spots etc. I have some random mirrors now that I accidentally fixed the movement issue on with Go Pro mounts. Someone makes a full mirror that supposedly works well but it's $200. TJ OEM mirrors supposedly work but I've never gotten around to locating used ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after getting a new job and all kinds of other adulting things I finally found someone selling element doors for a reasonable price on FB. 230 bucks for 2 doors with mirrors and the bag skins. I guess ill be running the element doors with the enclosure kit and soft uppers...hopefully it works out. My passenger factory door leaks anyway in heavy rain so it probably cant be much worse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts