Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up off Amazon for a bit over 60 bucks. I like this one because it rolls the windows on the short end making it a easy fit in the back.

Basically this is a vinyl pouch with several layers of cotton material arranged in layers. The layers cover the side windows, but fall a few inches short for the bigger rear window. There is a video online showing usage and I think they DELIBERATELY avoid showing the rear window packing because of this.

But the reality is that the rear window is still well protected and it's not much of an issue, though a strange mistake in the design to be sure. If it really bothers you simply by a cotton shop towel and sew or glue in your own extension.

You can do this on the hood of your car or the pavement if need be. Remove windows and place them between the protective layers. Two velcro straps (really not needed) cover the whole thing and then you roll it up into a compact roll. Toss it in the back.

When I unrolled it the next day I saw a few dents in the clear plastic, but they went away in the sun almost right away.

Overall this product could be improved with a few tweaks of the protective layers and the straps, but easily worth the cost if you don't want to mess around with a bunch of towels. True, I could save money making something, but this saves me time and that's more valuable to me!

Cheers,

Robert

·
Registered
29 Posts
I purchased the Bestop Duffle from Amazon a couple of weeks ago as well and am very pleased with it. I keep a microfiber towel rolled up in the duffle to cover the few inches of the rear window that's not covered by the felt pads. I also cut a piece of a pool noodle that I use as the base for rolling up the duffle. Another nice perk that I wasn't planning on is that even with the 3 windows rolled up in the duffle, it still fits underneath the back seat of my 2014 JKU so it's protected and less likely to get smashed or damaged, doesn't take up precious cargo space and out of sight from someone looking to grab and go.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the Bestop Duffle from Amazon a couple of weeks ago as well and am very pleased with it. I keep a microfiber towel rolled up in the duffle to cover the few inches of the rear window that's not covered by the felt pads. I also cut a piece of a pool noodle that I use as the base for rolling up the duffle. Another nice perk that I wasn't planning on is that even with the 3 windows rolled up in the duffle, it still fits underneath the back seat of my 2014 JKU so it's protected and less likely to get smashed or damaged, doesn't take up precious cargo space and out of sight from someone looking to grab and go.

Great tip on the pool noodle....will have to try that!

Robert

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
It is not "a strange mistake in design." The size of the window changed in 2011.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It is not "a strange mistake in design." The size of the window changed in 2011.
So is there two different Bestop storage duffel bags? I see one, and it states it fits 07-14.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
So is there two different Bestop storage duffel bags? I see one, and it states it fits 07-14.
No, I think bestop was satisfied with the product they had and just didn't bother with a redesign...

·
Registered
851 Posts
No, I think bestop was satisfied with the product they had and just didn't bother with a redesign...
I believe you're right. They apparently didn't want to retool for the extended width. Which really surprises me actually because Bestop is a top notch company.

However, that led us to make our own which is a Jeep thing. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about with the subwoofer?

Looks like the duffle fits really well in the Bestop ad photos showing it in the back of the yellow Jeep…Can't tell if it has the subwoofer though. Does anyone know how well it fits in the back of a Jeep with the stock sub? Will most likely purchase anyway…Just curious. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the Clover Patch one. It is large enough to store the rear window properly. I keep mine strapped to the headrests behind the rear seat, with a pool noodle on the inside to prevent too much sagging... and I might put a dowel or broom handle in the middle of the noodle to make it more rigid.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I have the Clover Patch one. It is large enough to store the rear window properly. I keep mine strapped to the headrests behind the rear seat, with a pool noodle on the inside to prevent too much sagging... and I might put a dowel or broom handle in the middle of the noodle to make it more rigid.
I got one of the 'SUPER' noodles, which seems to be thicker than the cheapies. It's held up good so far. I covered it with fleece, too, just to make sure the windows couldn't touch it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts