Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Bestop 2 piece hardtop with hard upper doors. It is now sold by Keystone Restyling. One of the slider windows on the hard upper door is broken/missing. I have no idea how to take the door apart, nevermind replace the glass. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Alternately, does anyone have a hard upper passenger door they want to sell?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have this top also. Have you ever used these uppers on softop with factory surrounds? Are these sliders shaped different from all others.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a soft top, but I don't think you would use surrounds with these doors. The issue for me is replacing the window. You can buy new sliders, but for this model they are like $800-1000. At that price, I'd be better off buying full doors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought s softtopper found some used factory surrounds and its like these sliders are not the same size as the factory doors. My bottom half door is aligned correctly so I guess I'm going to have to find different upper doors for the soft top.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also you should be sble to get a piece of glass cut and put that in yourself. I just had mine torn apart this weekend painting them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also you should be sble to get a piece of glass cut and put that in yourself. I just had mine torn apart this weekend painting them.
I couldn't figure out how to get them apart. Can you tell me how you did it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry just saw ur question. Let me make sure there the same. On mine on inside of the windows there are several screws around the window. Correct? Start by taking all of those out and that should open u up to seperate the window.u may have to look for screws going into the jam under rubbere pieces in the tracks. Mine looked daunting at first but came apart easy. Just keep in mind the order in wich things go back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts