Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Bestop and tried to install it this weekend. After hours of trouble I still can't get the two front latches on, and the driver side back window zipper is not even close. I see that it says to install it at 74degrees or higher,but its only been around mid 60s during the day. Any one have the same trouble? Any ideas on what I could do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had similar issues, and the truth of the matter is the thing needs to stretch out. Also, the front latches, make sure you are fully extending the latch forward by pulling the clip backwards. there is a good inch of play there.

With me, I left the top on the jeep, 3 inches from being connected over night, the tension on the roof seemed to help stretch it out a bit, and the next morning I was able to get it clipped pretty easily. If you dont have 4 people there to help you, try that.

However, once you do get it latched, leave it that way for a few days. After a week it was broken in perfectly for me.

In short, you're not the only one to have this problem, so rest assured that you'll get it. Get the max reach out of your hooks by making sure the clip is pulled back, and if you really need to, i've heard of people using twine or thin rope to guide it in with leverage for the first time. The windows will fall into place.

**edit, had to fix some spelling

1 - 2 of 2 Posts