Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you own one of these, is it possible to unscrew only the bottom mounts and then pivot the barrier up, attaching it with velcro or something to the roll bar? I can't tell from photos or the install instructions there is enough clearance to do so. I'm just thinking of how difficult it might be to remove and store the barrier on occasions when I'd need the space for hauling.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Mika, I have a pet barrier from Bestop as well. They are supplied by Travall. As far as I know Travall doesn't encourage people to make any modifications to the barrier for safety issues. If you remove the bottom mounts the whole construction will become unstable, and god knows what will happens in emergency break.

But technically speaking I think you can unscrew the bottom mounts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wouldn't permanently leave the bottom unbolted of course - I'm just thinking temporarily being able to swing it out of the way when I need the extra space, as opposed to taking the whole thing out and finding a place to store it for just a trip to Home Depot.

It's good to know who makes it. Checking out their web site, I wish they made a divider for the wrangler like they do other models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.