Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a Bestop 79141-35 Black Diamond Sailcloth Replace-a-Top. Easy install. Seems like good quality, zippers and all.

Problem is... water pools on the top. I mean like a quart of water. I contacted customer service and they said it's normal for water to pool and I should be careful to not let too much pool.

Is this normal? It's not a cheap top and my OEM top didn't have this issue.

I left my jeep for a 4-day biz trip and had to waterfall the top just to get in.

Thoughts?

Thanks. I posted some pics but they keep rotating. sorry.

-Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Mine does the same. Not a big deal. Keep your top clean and protected and it will stay there and not seep inside.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You'll notice Bestop's frame kits has another arch or bow over your head to prevent this issue. There is a market for fixing this though -> Skid Row Top Prop for rougly $50.00 should take care of it or buying bestop's door surrounds and arch will remedy this as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll notice Bestop's frame kits has another arch or bow over your head to prevent this issue. There is a market for fixing this though -> Skid Row Top Prop for rougly $50.00 should take care of it or buying bestop's door surrounds and arch will remedy this as well.
Great info. Thank you. Is this a problem of all tops or just Bestop?

·
Registered
329 Posts
My brand new Bestop Supertop NX doesn't pool. The kit came with the the extra prop, but I don't use it. I'm sure the top will stretch over the years and I'll be happy to have it in the Jeep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts