Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body using this set up?

Bestop® Safari Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo for 10-15 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door with Factory Soft Top - Quadratec

Currently looking to sell my stock soft top and go with something else. I use a hard top for about 7-8 months of the year and put the soft top on during the summer.

Really like the look of this but afraid it may be to cold or wet to use all summer (I live in eastern canada where is rains a lot). I do park in the garage when I am home and underground when at work so not to worried about leaving it outside. If it is called for to many days of rain I am happy to simply stick the hard top back on until the forecast clears.

My biggest question is when driving with this in the rain will there be a lot of leaking from the top and the back? Living in nova scotia I expect to get rained on. I don't mind if the inside gets damp…I just don't want to be up to my ankles the odd day I am driving in the pouring rain.

If it is too harsh I may just suck it up and go for the Besttop Trektop NX Twill Soft Top (but that is a lot of extra cash)

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
IMO it wont work for you....I have ran a few combos on my TJ...not even considering one for the JK as I know they haven't made the "right parts yet" for me to do that........

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I have the duster portion of that combo but I've only had it a week or so. I wrote a review on it. I also have a trektop NX which is about the best bikini you can buy because it covers the entire top, won't leak around the front bars, and has a flip back sunrider. Yes the Trektop is more expensive but you are also getting a lot more for your money. With the windows in it will stay bone dry inside your Jeep. Pop the windows out and and you have a bikini top. Add the Duster like I did and you have a great sunny day cruiser that looks good. You can store your Trektop windows under the duster cover if you wish so you have them if a rain storm pops up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts