Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have one on a JK and love it, easy on easy off and quite portable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ran one on my JKU for about 4 months before I finally broke down and bought the soft top. I absolutely loved it. It only takes a couple of minutes to take off and on and if you roll the canvas over the front bar it fits in the back storage area of my JKU with no issues.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking at one right now used for $75 and another with the door headers to make is rain proof in passenger area for $115

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I ran a bikini top on my FJ-40 Landcruiser when I lived in Naples. The stuff in the back might get wet, but the seats and dash stay mostly dry. I did run with full metal doors, but it wouldn't have been any worse with soft doors.

Just don't leave anything of value in the Jeep, or put in one of the Tuffy enclosures so you can lock it up.

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used it, but now I went with the trektop nx. Wonder what I could get for it with the header bar?
Any comments pro/con on the trektop nx? That's the one I'm looking at...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Only have had it a month or so. But I like it, I'm going to run it all winter instead of my hardtop, we'll see how that goes. Like everyone has said it is very tight when you do the initial install.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For those who have used this one, it does not require the door surrounds correct?
I would like one for my JKU.
Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have the cable style, definitely the way to go if you have surrounds on a newer JK. It utilizes the cable system like the soft tops

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Quadratec Bimini combo, it's basically the same thing and I love it, I just wish the Windjammer filled in more of the rear, it leaves about a foot of open space on each side. I've driven in some pretty hard rain and nothing has come in while driving, while it's parked I cover it with a Rain-Gear cover if I expect rain.

·
Premium Member
2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon
404 Posts
I have the Quadratec Bimini combo
I bought this combo about 2 months ago to replace a Smitty bikini. I'm having a serious issue where there is too much slack on the top. The rear buckles are cinched to the max and it doesn't seem that I can get the velcro sleeves any tighter up in the front.

You experience this at all? (I'm in a 4-door)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Keiff,

When I put it on, I strapped it so tight I was afraid I might rip the fabric. Also I may not have used the same strap locations as the instructions (I didn't use them, just kind of winged it, still don't know what them little plastic clips were for or how to use them, hahaha) But so far I haven't had any slackness or wind flapping. The Bimini itself I was barely able to stretch to the needed width.

·
Premium Member
2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon
404 Posts
Lego,

Those clips are for the tension straps so, after you've cinched them down, they hold the free end of the strap against itself, to prevent a bunch of loose straps flopping around. Gives it a cleaner look. My Safari Straps came with a bunch of them too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lego,

Those clips are for the tension straps so, after you've cinched them down, they hold the free end of the strap against itself, to prevent a bunch of loose straps flopping around. Gives it a cleaner look. My Safari Straps came with a bunch of them too.
Ahhh, now that makes sense! Damn I feel pretty dumb now, hahahaha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Quadratec Bimini combo, it's basically the same thing and I love it, I just wish the Windjammer filled in more of the rear
I have the Quadratec too, and really like it. I don't have a soft top, so no door surrounds. I think those would make a difference with keeping the rain out. The front's not too bad, but the back can get a lot of water if it rains hard enough. DAMHIK.

I bought this combo about 2 months ago to replace a Smitty bikini. I'm having a serious issue where there is too much slack on the top. The rear buckles are cinched to the max and it doesn't seem that I can get the velcro sleeves any tighter up in the front.

You experience this at all? (I'm in a 4-door)
I've had mine for about a year now, but it's in storage for a good part of the year up here. I haven't seen any issues with it being too slack. It does tend to flap around a lot at highway speed with the doors off or windows open. Doors on and windows closed, it's pretty quiet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have one, but I don't really use it. Once I bought a SpiderWebShade I've left the Bikini hanging in the garage. If I get ran I put the hard top on for a couple or days, other then that I like the feeling of the open air.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the safari top on my JKR, it works well, but this summer I want to go with the Spyder web shade. I also have a cab cover for when it is parked

1 - 20 of 21 Posts