Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So putting on softop and get to windshield and lo and behold the drivers side bracket is broken. This is the bracket that goes between the roll bar and the windshie;d. Any McGuyver ideas until the new bracket comes in from Bestop?

Thanks,

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ok, So putting on softop and get to windshield and lo and behold the drivers side bracket is broken. This is the bracket that goes between the roll bar and the windshie;d. Any McGuyver ideas until the new bracket comes in from Bestop? Thanks,
Pics would help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok, So putting on softop and get to windshield and lo and behold the drivers side bracket is broken. This is the bracket that goes between the roll bar and the windshie;d. Any McGuyver ideas until the new bracket comes in from Bestop?

Thanks,

I had the same thing happen, same bracket, on my wife's YJ. Had a welder weld it and it's been good ever since.

Chuck

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I had the piece that would be what i would do. But this obviously broke off prior to me getting it. Guess i'll just wait for the new piece to arrive. And to think the weather is going to be nice in michigan....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Weld it! Grind, and reinstall.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mcap1221... You can call bestop directly. they will not sell the 1 part, they sell both drivers and passangers. I think the price is 27.00 shipped. I am also ordering the small parts kit for the "just in case" that's another 9.00 Give them the part numbers 137.97 and they will be able to help you from there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts