Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Sunrider for Hardtop twill version today for my 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 door.
Got it installed, but when I went to put it in the closed position the hooks couldn't reach the latches, by at least 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. How do I remedy this? Everything in the install was simple and lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
910 Posts
sounds like your hook latches aren't extended all the way out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assure you that they are

·
Super Moderator
22,478 Posts
take a photo of how you have the latches.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I thought I had the same issue, but if you pull on the latch loop mechanism, it will expand out a bit. They are very tight so the latch loop will just barely slip over the connector on the frame.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
The first few months I had to pull the top forward a bit to get the latches to hook into the footman loops. Even after all this time I have to tug the latches forward to get them set.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,I'm sorry. After pulling the latches, the latches do extend more after you pull on them. I'm very satisfied with the top. Yes, it's expensive, but I can honestly say, it's worth it. It's so much better than the freedom panels. I've been driving in hard rain and no leaks. It s nice to be able to go convertible in less than 10 sec.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Guys,I'm sorry. After pulling the latches, the latches do extend more after you pull on them. I'm very satisfied with the top. Yes, it's expensive, but I can honestly say, it's worth it. It's so much better than the freedom panels. I've been driving in hard rain and no leaks. It s nice to be able to go convertible in less than 10 sec.
Don't be sorry, this is what the forum is all about. As I said, I had the same problem and took awhile before I figured it out. This is a great aftermarket option, just wish it would fold a little more flat on roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, just got a Bestop Sunrider for my Jeep Wrangler 2018 JKU. Install went almost perfect... even though I aligned the holes with a screwdriver, the passenger side Flanged Screw that inserts from underneath will not screw all the way in. In trying a few times to get it to go, I think I’ve begun to strip it a little bit. I believe that this screw will not make a huge difference or be a safety risk, but my OCD is killing me knowing it isn’t perfect. Any tips for how to get this to screw in? Or should I just leave it for fear of doing more damage to the hole?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,402 Posts
Hey all, just got a Bestop Sunrider for my Jeep Wrangler 2018 JKU. Install went almost perfect... even though I aligned the holes with a screwdriver, the passenger side Flanged Screw that inserts from underneath will not screw all the way in. In trying a few times to get it to go, I think I’ve begun to strip it a little bit. I believe that this screw will not make a huge difference or be a safety risk, but my OCD is killing me knowing it isn’t perfect. Any tips for how to get this to screw in? Or should I just leave it for fear of doing more damage to the hole?
Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts