Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up getting a replacement deck from Morris 4x4 because my drivers side zipper was sewn incorrectly. Anyway, after changing it out everything fits tight and it seems good. I didn't receive any new tape to place on the header. I covered the screws with some good quality foam but the small pieces that are supposed to go near the corners on the fabric are absent. Question is, are they really necessary? I really can't see the purpose of them. Anyone running a soft top without that foam? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ttt?

·
Registered
2012 JK
453 Posts
I ended up getting a replacement deck from Morris 4x4 because my drivers side zipper was sewn incorrectly. Anyway, after changing it out everything fits tight and it seems good. I didn't receive any new tape to place on the header. I covered the screws with some good quality foam but the small pieces that are supposed to go near the corners on the fabric are absent. Question is, are they really necessary? I really can't see the purpose of them. Anyone running a soft top without that foam? Thanks in advance.
If you are talking about the two foam pieces that are about 3" x 1/4" I never put mine on after getting a new header and never had an issue.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah those are exactly the ones I'm talking about. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts