Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase a soft top for my jk and was seeing if anyone has any experience with the twill on this top. Looks nice just wondering how it is holding up and how it is to clean? Any advise would help thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
installed one 2 months ago.....no water leaks....the twill material looks awesome .

·
Registered
233 Posts
no leaks in mine. Had major leaks with the OEM softop. its also quieter than the OEM, but on the interstate its still noisy, but tolerable.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just installed mine a couple weeks ago switching from a hard top.

Things I've noticed:

• Tends to be hotter in the Jeep as the hard top does a better job of insulating obviously.
  • Yes, it will be noisier (I expected this).
  • Makes the Wrangler look much nicer IMO.
  • Everyone that comments says it looks better than the hard top.
  • Much more of a "Jeep experience" to me.

Things I learned:

• Bestop is the manufacturer of all Wrangler soft tops put on at the factory. The Twill top is the same as the factory "premium top" you can add on to your Jeep purchase or it comes with the "Dual Top Group".
  • Putting it together was easy! Getting it installed was a pain! Let it soften up in the sun and let it stretch. Don't force anything to close up or zip up. I actually rode around a couple days without the windows in. Getting th windows in was a pain too but I just rode around again for a couple days without them fully zipped up to give them time to stretch.
  • I had a hell of a time getting the screws used to mount the top to the bows into their holes. I had to use channel locks on the sides of the screw heads to screw them in up to a certain point and then could return to using a #2 screwdriver.
I can't speak about longevity as I've only had it a couple weeks now. It is a nice top and with some TLC now and then on the windows and fabric I expect it to last a long time. There's a plastic polish you can get for the windows I saw a link on the forums for that I'll look into.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine is doing well, it stretched a lot more then I wanted... I have used the extra bare that fit into the door surround slots and the fabric is floppy now... I,was also told to be careful when installing the bar on the surrounds as the plastic is brittle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok just installed today. Took longer than expected but looks great. Love the fabric, just hope it holds up well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts