Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of the new Supertop Ultras for my new JLU and after installing it, and running into quite a few issues, I think I miss the last Supertop twill I had on my JK.

I called Bestop and had to get a small parts kit and another pivot bracket sent to me. Stuff happens, I know, but the self tapping screws strip so damn easy, they should include a shit load of them in each kit. Use Torx bits for crying out loud!

I also can't find any up to date videos for installation help. The one I found on youtube has a previous generation of the Supertop ultra that doesn't use the yellow levers so it's quite different and looks like a MOPAR version they made with the single latch.

The step I'm stuck on, and can find nothing in the install instructions, is the fabric flaps that would hang down by the back window. I screwed the two in front to the #5 bow but cannot figure out how the back of that flappy fabric mounts. Can anyone take pictures of their install?

Also if you have the yellow tabs version of the Ultra, do you have to set your tabs in the middle to disengage the bow? Up or down they seem to block the bow from moving unless I set it somewhere in the middle. Note that it is possible I eff'd something up but I went back over this a few times and even consulted the ever wise Youtube...

Bestop usually has a 45 minute wait right now for customer service so I'm reaching out here before I try to call them again.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I was incorrect about the latches not functioning. The material depicted in the step you posted is what I am talking about, however it would be at the very back corner of the top where the pillar would be when windows installed. I do not know where to mount that piece of material. It does appear to have two guide holes in it to attach to something?

As I was up in there, it caught my eye that my #5 bow is bent. That's probably why I could not get the pivot bracket screwed in all the way and requested small parts kit plus new pivot bracket thinking maybe the welded nut wasn't aligned or something. I took the bow out and took a picture of it. If you can PM me your email, I can provide the picture of the bow. I already have an open ticket for the parts kit and pivot brackets because of it. I didn't notice it when installing the bow because it's bent near the pivot bracket mount and not the other mount.

·
Vendor
5,658 Posts
@FuneralFire762 I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing but I'm glad you're already working with our Customer Service team, that's who will be able to get you all squared away. I know they're busy right now but thank you for your patience. If you need any assistance, feel free to shoot me a message.

Thank you!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts