Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the best that the windshield retainer fits or did I do something wrong? I pushed forward when I was installing it but the corners don't fit good at all. Got a big rain the other night and had water in both front floorboards. Also seems to be a lot of wind noise where those corners aren't fitting very good. Maybe I got the wrong retainer for my Jeep?
Thx,
Bob

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Goeff, that's exactly whats going on here. Can you tell me how long the bolts should be for the windshield bracket. Mine were really short and I believe is partly why this happened, I had trouble having enough length to even get them started with the bracket in the windshield frame slot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a similar problem, only it is with the original Mopar top that came with the Jeep from the dealership. The fit looks almost identical to the pictures above, however, only on the driver side. Any ideas on a fix?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geoff my bolts were 3/4 long. I was able to dig up some 1 inch bolts and didn't want to drive to town so that's what I used and it worked out with them. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts