Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a trektop nx, it’s the newer version I believe (comes with tinted windows)

how is it? Any tips and tricks? Problems with leaking?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a 2-door Trektop NX as well. The first time you install it everything is going to be super tight. Ideally, park your Jeep in the shade and lay out all the top components in the sun. Let them sit for a while and get nice and warm. When you start installing you'll want gloves since the top components with be hot to the touch, but make sure the gloves are soft enough to not scratch the windows.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Let me see if I can remember the installation sequence correctly that I found (now returned to HT and TL Pro). Loosely have top in place and start zippers in back window on either side by about an inch or so. Go to sides and start zippers on side panels by a couple of inches. Once you’ve done that go to either side and start by inserting fold into door frames and then tuck plastic trim under tub ridges. Now go to back and zip the rear window all the way down without tucking in the lower bar. Now go back and zip side windows completely (will be somewhat tight but the rear should be loose since you haven’t installed the bar). With the three windows in place now tuck the straps in that anchor the rear of the top into the interior tub rim. Now you can tuck in the rear bar. With a new top and first install the front closure will be tight so you definitely want the top to be warm and as “elastic” as possible. You may find that you initially to secure the latch to the front header without attempting to close it until it stretches out a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts