Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am trying to install the Bestop Trektop on my new used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. The frame went in perfectly and everything fit. I just got to the step where I'm supposed to latch the front hooks and I am realizing the front is overhanging by 4-5 inches....I have no idea why. There is no way the latches will latch...it's like the sunrider bar is too long?

Do they make different versions for newer models? And I got a newer version of the top and it doesnt fit the 2007? I am confused...I bought it on amazon and it said it would fit.

Anyone have any ideas? Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It's been awhile since I installed mine, but where the rod spring pins go in could you have those on the wrong side? Right on the left, left on the right, or in backwards? I can't remember how those mount.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
This is the spot in talking about but it looks Murphy proof. Are they connected there correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
This is the spot in talking about but it looks Murphy proof. Are they connected there correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be put on the wrong side and it will cause the OP's issue. Had a coworker do it a couple of weeks ago and it took some head scratching to figure it out. Once we swapped them everything lined up correctly.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yeah I noticed he's got a four door and mines a two door. Mines a little harder to get backwards cause it the actual door surround. I guess the four door can be swapped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
So, I am trying to install the Bestop Trektop on my new used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. The frame went in perfectly and everything fit. I just got to the step where I'm supposed to latch the front hooks and I am realizing the front is overhanging by 4-5 inches....I have no idea why. There is no way the latches will latch...it's like the sunrider bar is too long?

Do they make different versions for newer models? And I got a newer version of the top and it doesnt fit the 2007? I am confused...I bought it on amazon and it said it would fit.

Anyone have any ideas? Picture attached.
Hey there,

It looks like your sunrider pivot brackets might be reversed. They attach with the middle door surround knob on each side of the vehicle. If that doesn't work, shoot me a PM. *CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Reactions: Bestop

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That was directed at Bestop. I called them and requested a couple of things, and said I'd be glad to pay, and I was polite about it. They pretty much just blew me off. I was really disappointed with their response.

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
That was directed at Bestop. I called them and requested a couple of things, and said I'd be glad to pay, and I was polite about it. They pretty much just blew me off. I was really disappointed with their response.

Sorry to hear about this, that's not the standard for our customer service. If you would like, please feel free to shoot me a PM with some more detail and we can see what happened. *CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, that's not the standard for our customer service. If you would like, please feel free to shoot me a PM with some more detail and we can see what happened. *CassieAtBestop
PM sent

Reactions: Bestop
1 - 14 of 14 Posts