Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assume these are new versions for SEMA next week?

Soft Tops - Tops and Accessories for Jeep & GM, Ford, Dodge Trucks by Bestop

Trektop NX Bestop's New, Vastly Improved Bowless top: The Trektop NX features removable windows, factory style-door surrounds, Sunrider Sunroof Features, and factory-style header bar.

Supertop NX Supertop® NX Complete Top With OEM Style Hardware. Bestop's Factory Style Soft top complete with factory style door surrounds, factory style windshield channel, sailcloth fabric, and tinted windows. PLUS, a Top Arch to support the fabric, quick release bow knuckles for tool-less top removal, and a new adjustable plate to maintain top taughtness.
  • Complete top with OEM style hardware
  • High grade premium fabric
  • High Strength steel and OEM composite plastic hardware
  • Fold back sunroof feature - standard
  • Multiple door kits availableFull Soft Top kit available for TJD applications
  • Two Year Warranty

·
Vendor
5,725 Posts
I just added those to the site a couple of hours ago.

I believe the Supertop NX will be available this year, and the Trektop NX early 2011.

It's good stuff, especially for TJ owners: all factory, plus a bit more even (the top arch for support, adjustable tension, and quick releases).

BOTH new tops in TJD applications (black only).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Perhaps a dumb question? Why doesn't best top design an insulated folding top. There has to be technology available. I would go soft top all year in upstate PA. However, 5 degree mornings are a litttle much for an uninsulated top. I'm sure there would be a market for them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Perhaps a dumb question? Why doesn't best top design an insulated folding top. There has to be technology available. I would go soft top all year in upstate PA. However, 5 degree mornings are a litttle much for an uninsulated top. I'm sure there would be a market for them.
I can't imagine an insulated soft top would make enough of a difference when it gets that cold. Any vehicle outside in that weather is freezing inside.

·
Vendor
5,725 Posts
We don't set costs, but I'd guess no more than 50 bucks more than current tops. So close to current Supertop pricing, but with factory door surrounds, factory windshield channel, sailcloth, etc.

Insulated tops: I don't think it's technology, I think it's cost, and maybe some worries about bulk. Some soft tops, like on a Rolls Royce, or upper end BMW, are 7 or so layers, and really do a great job of cutting road noise, and (I assume) keeping heat in or out. They're just really expensive. Our parent company makes some of those too.

·
Vendor
5,725 Posts
I'll add photos to the web site tomorrow. I just ran out of time today (and there was good beer in my fridge).

BUT, the Supertop NX is so close to a factory top that I could just post photos of Wranglers with OE tops, and it would be hard to tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geoff - any comments on the Trektop NX? What are the big changes compared to current Trektop?

I had a sense from prior threads that "news" would be coming around SEMA - can you confirm that this was it? (I want to start preparing for spring :punk:)

·
Vendor
5,725 Posts
The Trektop NX:
- removable side curtains all the way round
-when removed, top is like a Safari bikini
-sailcloth fabric
-factory style door surrounds
-sunrider sunroof feature
-factory style windshield channel

-----------------
This is the big top news from us for SEMA. But we'll be announcing some other stuff too.

You guys are getting a sneak peek.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet - I want it .... now!.... for the snow!

(I'm from Denmark - you know.. the place where polar bears walk the streets all year round and everybody's got blue faces ;))

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Trektop NX:
- removable side curtains all the way round
-when removed, top is like a Safari bikini
-sailcloth fabric
-factory style door surrounds
-sunrider sunroof feature
-factory style windshield channel

-----------------
This is the big top news from us for SEMA. But we'll be announcing some other stuff too.

You guys are getting a sneak peek.
I want it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I trade my Trektop I bought in May for the new version?! It never fails that an improved version shows up after I purchase something! Sounds like great improvements....everything I wish my current Trektop had going for it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does the new Trektop address all of the issues from previous models? I really want one, love the look, but held back based on all the stories floating around. Would be a nice finishing touch to my girl!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does the new Trektop address all of the issues from previous models? I really want one, love the look, but held back based on all the stories floating around. Would be a nice finishing touch to my girl!
what are "all the issues" that need correcting exactly? I am genuinely curious as I am looking at getting either a Trektop or Supertop for my new Jeep. They seem to be better that an OEM top. Seem being the key work there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
greese said:
what are "all the issues" that need correcting exactly? I am genuinely curious as I am looking at getting either a Trektop or Supertop for my new Jeep. They seem to be better that an OEM top. Seem being the key work there.
From what I have read on this forum and others there are issues with: leaking, fit, pooling, wind noise (doesn't seal well at the window), back velcroing to the tail gate ( had to unvelcro to open), water runoff over the doors.
But, and I say but, I know best top has made a lot of improvements to the design since version 1 came out. They have added a hoop to help prevent pooling on top, connect bar option in back. Also, from what I have read, best top had great customer service and is very good about replacing defective tops and listening to customer feedback.
So in no way bashing them, love the concept of their Trektop, but as with all products it takes a few versions to get it just right and I'm hoping this is that time cause I really want one!!!
Can do a forum search, plenty reviews out there

·
Vendor
5,725 Posts
Adian makes good points all the way round: the launch of the original Trektop was NOT a stellar moment for our company. But that was a bit over two years ago. If you buy a Trektop today, it will be everything you expect. And we've learned from our mistakes. We're not rushing these new tops into the market.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.