Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Bestop Trektop NX vs Supertop NX - cargo space/reviews

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wrangler49009 
#1 ·
Ok,
Wife and I are having a "mature" discussion on what soft top option for the new 2013 Wrangler Unlimited sport.

I think hands down the look of the Trektop is what I want. She thinks due to the angle of the rear that will will lose half of our valuable cargo space on our camping trips to the dunes....

Has anyone else had this issue of deciding and what did they do?

I wish I've seen them both in person. Any help would be much appreciated folks.

Thanks -Joe:punk:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Had 2004 LJ and put bestop trek top on it. Liked the look and yes you do lose some storage but it is only noticable if you really fill the back of the jeep. Very tight fit, leave it lay in the sun for a few hours before attempting install. Mine fit very well and was very tight ... too tight making it hard open up. Also the reviews I read said it was as quite as original, but there was more wind noise on highway. Just my opinion.

#6 ·
dmako, the net for the dogs is a great idea!

As for the top, I've got the supertop nx. I take it camping all the time and I like the added storage space, but to be completely honest, if you really like the look of the trektop, I think you should get that. How often are you going to stack your gear up that high anyway?
The reason I got the boxy one rather than the trektop is because I have a tent that connects directly to the jeep and I don't think it would work without the top shape.

#7 ·
Good thinking on the trash bag. I just mocked it all up and we've agreed it's worth squeezing everything in to get that fastback look. Plus with the 40/60 rear folding seats the kids are small enough that we can sit them next to each other and fold down the smaller seat for plenty more room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.