Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering, what is the best soft top for jeep TJs for the money? I was looking at the Bestop Trektop, does anyone have any good or bad comments about this top? Any bad reviews? I'm on a huge budget here though, so I can't afford to make mistakes. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lee indy said:
call chris at jeep add ons. ext 1884. love this top.
Very good looking jeep man! Do you have any problem with water pooling up in the center at the top? Or does it not sag at all?

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
it does near the center on the roll bar where it attaches. but it usually blows of the back when i start moving.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I love mine, I do get some wind noise above 60 at each corner along the windshield. Not sure how it compares to factory soft tops, I bought mine with hard top. The option of the sunrider is very nice, glad I had it during a trip to Ouray. Being able to flip back and see the mountains will driving was very nice. Storage of windows is kind of pain if need to bring them along with you. Check this thread out several comments and questions answered on the trektop. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/bestop-trektop-nx-installation-write-up-127226.html

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
i will say the rear window is a pain in the ass to completely remove and reinstall. i usually have to take one side off a little so that the zipper will reach.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lee indy said:
i will say the rear window is a pain in the ass to completely remove and reinstall. i usually have to take one side off a little so that the zipper will reach.
I kinda figured that would be a pain. Thanks for the info! Very good looking JK you got there!

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Brett, take a look at the Softopper. Jeep Wrangler TJ Soft Tops | 1997-2006 Wrangler TJ Top | Softopper

Ultimately adjustable, sailcloth, made in the USA, all parts are replaceable. They have 2 versions, one for Jeeps with stock door surrounds, and one for no door surrounds. Comes with everything you need.

Mine TJ02 (for a Jeep with door surrounds) cost $550 with tinted windows, including shipping.

Very easy to install, remove, etc. Hardest part of the install was the eyebolts.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Love my trektop so much I sold my hard top last week. Well made.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the trektop and LOVE it!

I dont know anything about the rampage, but have only heard great things about them too

the choice is yours :)

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Just replaced my worn out top with a Bestop Sailcloth Replace a top. The fit is fantastic and much more quiet than the original top. Installation was a little over an hour. Could have been faster but it got cold outside and I fought with it just to get the snaps on the rear bow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts