Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for some assistance with my girlfriend's 2011 jk wrangler's soft top.

We followed the instructions step by step with the installation on the Trektop. Everything went smoothly (other than the windows were a bitch to out on).

After everything was in place we tried to close the sunrider roof (front portion). The roof is about an inch from fully closing. There isn't enough slack to secure the latches by the front window.

Any information as to where we went wrong or questions about our steps we took please comment!

This is urgent as it rain last night haha..

Thanks.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Make sure the latches are actually all the way open.
And pics help when trying to diagnose issues, so take pics for us to see the issue and we might be able to point out issues that you didn't notice.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
In addition to making sure the front latches are fully open, make sure the clips where the sunrider hinge hooks in are actually clipped before trying to latch the front.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
New tops are SUPER tight and hard to close. Fold it forward and w/o latching let it sit in the sun and bake for a few hours. It will still be hard to close but should latch assuming everything is installed correctly. The leave it closed in the sun so it will "stretch" out a bit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The windows are always very difficult when you first get them, and particularly when cold. As above, some time in the sun helps soften them & stretch them into position easier.

The front latches on my Glide, have to be all the way open to get them on or off.

As above. If this doesn't help, pics will let us make better suggestions.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
On mine, you can adjust the sunrider portion forward and back about an inch.

You know the bracket that the 2 pins for it clip into? Loosen the fasteners for that bracket (mine has thumb wheels there) and slide that bracket forward. If you don't tighten them enough it will slide back on its own. You will see it has a slotted hole that lets it move some.

That should solve your misalignment issue. The others are right though, also let it bake in the sun a bit. Mine was a real bear to get closed the first time.

Also make sure those front latches are all the way open as others have said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 JK and having some water leaks with the Bestop Trektop NX. I am noticing that the front of the top has a large gap between the windshield. I have tried a few times to pull it forward but I am having no luck. Tried to move the rails forward but there is very little play. Any other ideas?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,402 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 JK and having some water leaks with the Bestop Trektop NX. I am noticing that the front of the top has a large gap between the windshield. I have tried a few times to pull it forward but I am having no luck. Tried to move the rails forward but there is very little play. Any other ideas?
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Are you clipping the latches into place on the front before securing the back? You may need to do that or you may not be able to stretch it far enough forward to engage. Try getting the clips in, then secure the back, then clamp the front down tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the tip. I tried with the back panels unsecured and was able to gain about 1/8” which seems to be just right. Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
They are designed to be quite taut once in place, so it can be tricky, particularly in cooler weather, to secure it. Sometimes you need to park it in the sun for a while to get it flexible & stretchy enough to put up, if it was down overnight.

·
Vendor
5,457 Posts
Hey there,

Were you able to get this shut? they can be a bit tricky the first few tries :)

CassieAtBestop

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Agree with the responses here. I ordered the same soft top (twill version), it was incredibly tight. I had to loosen release the back and apply considerable forward pressure to get it to latch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts