Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find a video on the Tecktop and Supertop install also the hardware . I have a 2009 Sahara with the dual top but i never put on the hardware. I looked on youtube and couldn't find anything. And is it fast to take down and up the tecktop i understand it does not have a frame. Im new to soft tops i know you answer questions like this a million times a day but i trust you guys more that a sales rep trying to sell me a top. Thanks for any answers.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
If you already have a factory soft top why are you looking at the Supertop? Installation is not awful, but the Mopar instructions are crap. Is your top assembled or in boxes?

·
Registered
315 Posts
trektop is pretty easy to put on and take off. installation is easy with the ones provided.

Installing original softtop and having to figure out the hardware and stuff may be a little harder, I'm not sure having never done it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
InfernoGirl said:
If you already have a factory soft top why are you looking at the Supertop? Installation is not awful, but the Mopar instructions are crap. Is your top assembled or in boxes?
The instructions for the Supertop isn't very good as well. If you some how have the Supertop and not the Mopar top, look at the clamps used, the changed the clamps to ones that screw down. It much better than the old clamps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I got the jeep I didn't think I would want a soft top so I sold it to the dealer after taking the whole top off last summer I changed my mined and now want one for the summer so I don't have the hardware is there any drilling with the bestop tops

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Trek tops will be more cumbersome to lower than a top with a frame attached. It must be completely removed. Lowering a top with a frame is easy and no storage problems. Bestop is releasing two new tops at SEMA this week. The SupertopNX and the TrektopNX. The SupertopNX is basically identical to the factory top, same style hardware, etc with the exception of the bows separating in the middle for ease of shipping. Initial installation will be the biggest chore, but as I said before, it's not awful, especially if they get the instructions written by someone who speaks English as a first language, unlike the Mopar instructions that were obviously translated by a German guy and written originally in Swahili. :( Once it's put together installing it and lowering it or removing it to install the hardtop are cake.... The only drilling needed is to drive the 27 screws into the header and the 2 holes in the frame that are mis drilled from the factory.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trek tops will be more cumbersome to lower than a top with a frame attached. It must be completely removed. Lowering a top with a frame is easy and no storage problems. Bestop is releasing two new tops at SEMA this week. The SupertopNX and the TrektopNX. The SupertopNX is basically identical to the factory top, same style hardware, etc with the exception of the bows separating in the middle for ease of shipping. Initial installation will be the biggest chore, but as I said before, it's not awful, especially if they get the instructions written by someone who speaks English as a first language, unlike the Mopar instructions that were obviously translated by a German guy and written originally in Swahili. :( Once it's put together installing it and lowering it or removing it to install the hardtop are cake.... The only drilling needed is to drive the 27 screws into the header and the 2 holes in the frame that are mis drilled from the factory.... :rolleyes:
Ok thanks inferno girl u were a big help I think I'm going to go with the new supertop when it comes out thanks for clearing that up

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
:) No problem. Glad I could help.

·
Vendor
5,681 Posts
Thanks that helps but just so I know I get it. It just uses holes that are already there and there is no drilling. I want to stay away from drilling into the body
No drilling.

Some people need to drill holes for the tailgate bar brackets, but that's just those people who have never had a soft top before. You already have the brackets installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts