Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my hard top with a soft top. I am debating between a Bestop or the OEM. Any advice or comment would be appreciate

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Bestop has been making the soft tops for Jeep for years.

I'd get the Bestop and cut out the middle man.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,524 Posts
Hey there!

Both of these are fantastic soft tops! I have a Bestop Supertop on my 2006 LJ and I love it! We also offer discounted quotes on any applicable product that we sell! If you see something on our website that you are interested in send us a PM with the part numbers and your info. and we will respond with a quote!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/sailcloth-full-soft-top-kit-black-jeep-wrangler-jl

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/twill-full-soft-top-kit-black-wrangler-jl-unlimited/black-tinted

https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/supertop-ultra-wrangler-jl-unlimited

https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/all-new-trektop-nx-soft-top-20-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Click here for all the complete soft top kits that we offer for the JL!

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_soft_tops/soft_tops/complete_soft_top_kits

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

-Justin

·
Vendor
5,658 Posts
Hey @falco
As mentioned, we've been producing the factory soft tops for the Wrangler for decades so I'm confident that you'll be very happy with either option. Also as mentioned, we have great customer service and a fantastic warranty. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Are you looking for a JL or JLU?

Hey @falco
As mentioned, we've been producing the factory soft tops for the Wrangler for decades so I'm confident that you'll be very happy with either option. Also as mentioned, we have great customer service and a fantastic warranty. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
- Lee I have a question. I have a 2 dr JL. I have looked at your website and nowhere for a 2 dr does it show the top all the way folded back for a 2 dr. I have heard the Mopar ones completely fold down but I have heard the Bestop ones do not completely fold down. I know Bestop makes the OEM soft top so I would imagine that the Bestop folds down completely but I can not find an answer 100%. Can you just let me know if it does or doesn't? I am interested in getting a soft top but want to know exactly what I am getting. This will also help the OP make a decision if they have a 2 dr JL. Thanks

·
Vendor
5,658 Posts
Are you looking for a JL or JLU?

- Lee I have a question. I have a 2 dr JL. I have looked at your website and nowhere for a 2 dr does it show the top all the way folded back for a 2 dr. I have heard the Mopar ones completely fold down but I have heard the Bestop ones do not completely fold down. I know Bestop makes the OEM soft top so I would imagine that the Bestop folds down completely but I can not find an answer 100%. Can you just let me know if it does or doesn't? I am interested in getting a soft top but want to know exactly what I am getting. This will also help the OP make a decision if they have a 2 dr JL. Thanks
Hey @bergy
At this date we are admittedly a little light on full top offerings for the 2 door. For the 4 door we have tops that do and do not fold all the way back. For the 2 door we currently offer the Sunrider for Hardtop, and the Trektop which does not fold all the way back (but it doubles as a bikini which is super rad). The factory top for the 2 door does fold all the way back. We look forward to offer more options for 2 door JL owners soon but I don't have an exact date or date range that I could say right now.

I would give the Trektop a serious look. Although it's not fully convertible, being able to run it as a bikini top with all windows out and the Sunrider open, you're basically free as a bird.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Hey @bergy
At this date we are admittedly a little light on full top offerings for the 2 door. For the 4 door we have tops that do and do not fold all the way back. For the 2 door we currently offer the Sunrider for Hardtop, and the Trektop which does not fold all the way back (but it doubles as a bikini which is super rad). The factory top for the 2 door does fold all the way back. We look forward to offer more options for 2 door JL owners soon but I don't have an exact date or date range that I could say right now.

I would give the Trektop a serious look. Although it's not fully convertible, being able to run it as a bikini top with all windows out and the Sunrider open, you're basically free as a bird.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Thank you for clarifying Lee I appreciate the quick response!

Reactions: Bestop

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey @bergy

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
This answers a question I have been looking for an answer to since I bought my 2d JL Rubicon a month ago. My JeepNut buddy swears by his Bestop for his 2d TJ, and says I would be crazy to not get one. But....It looks like Bestop only makes a fastback version for the 2d JL, while Mopar offers a full soft top but at a much higher price. Looks like a missed opportunity for Bestop.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
95,820 Posts
This answers a question I have been looking for an answer to since I bought my 2d JL Rubicon a month ago. My JeepNut buddy swears by his Bestop for his 2d TJ, and says I would be crazy to not get one. But....It looks like Bestop only makes a fastback version for the 2d JL, while Mopar offers a full soft top but at a much higher price. Looks like a missed opportunity for Bestop.
Welcome, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey @falco

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Lee, What is the difference between “sailcloth” and twill. I have a 2019 JL 4door and struggling with which top to get. I previously had a 2017 JK 4dr and had an OEM soft top which I liked due to the different options I had with it.

·
Vendor
5,658 Posts
Lee, What is the difference between “sailcloth” and twill. I have a 2019 JL 4door and struggling with which top to get. I previously had a 2017 JK 4dr and had an OEM soft top which I liked due to the different options I had with it.
Sailcloth is a vinyl material. The Twill is an acrylic material. So what does that mean to you? The Twill has a softer "woven" feel to it more like an actual fabric. It's easier to manipulate, has better insulation against heat or sound, and stays a deeper black. It's also an incredibly tough material and stays looking new for an insane amount of time. It's the same material you'd find on very high end convertibles. Lastly, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If the funds allow, it's a worthy upgrade.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to replace my hard top with a soft top. I am debating between a Bestop or the OEM. Any advice or comment would be appreciate
I have a 2021, 2-door JL with an OEM soft top. I just got my Jeep delivered by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. I'm in AZ so I'm thinking about switching to a hard top; worried that the sun out here is going to bake the soft top to a crisp. I'd be open to a trade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 2021, 2-door JL with an OEM soft top. I just got my Jeep delivered by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. I'm in AZ so I'm thinking about switching to a hard top; worried that the sun out here is going to bake the soft top to a crisp. I'd be open to a trade.
I wish I got a hold of you last week. I just traded my hard top last thursday.

thanks for the reply.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts