Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's crackin guys? I'm looking to buy a new soft top(all hardware is needed) and I'm wondering which would be better, getting a supertop or shelling out the extra money and getting another from the dealer. i need you's guyses opinions.(went italian there for a sec., sorry) also, i've got a 97. if i get one from the dealer, would it be sailcloth?

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
I think bestop makes the OEM one's for Jeep or at least they use to make them.. There are some minor difference. I have had the bestop before and they are a great top.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Bestop does make the tops for OEM. Used to be, Pavement Ends was the OEM. If Bestop is what you want, I'd get it from them rather than the dealer.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Yeah, no need to add the dealers markup on it also. You could probably shop around and find some pretty good deals on like new tops on ebay or other web retailers also. Just make sure that if you buy a used one you get one from 02 or older. They changed the header in 03 and now the 03 and new tops won't fit on the older years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
YO!

Did you buy one yet?

http://www.rockgearinc.com/

This is the one I'm thinking of for my TJ.

Currently I'm using Besttop. Nice enough, but pain in the a$$ to raise and lower...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
never was a fan of those. and yes, i bought a factory frame and then the replacement fabric to fit it. i think that's the best way to go myself. paid just under 600 for it all and i got a factory soft top! woo-hoo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts