Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased the Bestop Trail Cover at the recommendation of the parts store rep and many great reviews I read online. It looks very durable and well made. The problem is, I find it a little heavy (especially when wet) and cumbersome. I put it on once this weekend by myself and found it difficult to manage.

I would like to return it if they allow it (I got it a little dirty and couldn't for the life of me fold it back to the original packing size to get it in the box).

Does anyone else use a lighter alternative? I Would like something that covers when the roof and doors are off for those quick FL showers. It won't be left on for days at a time.

Thanks for the input.

·
Supporting Member
577 Posts
Is this for a two door? I have one and while it's not light it certainly isn't hard to put on if you use the rolling method

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i have a four door. It doesn't look like it even fit really. But i was trying to out it on in the dark so who knows.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you normally use a hard top?

If not, look into the Bestop NX Trektop. I just got it and it is nice. Just unzip the windows and you have a safari top. Zip them back on, and you have a full soft top. Again, probably not a lot of help if you have a hard top, though.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you normally use a hard top? If not, look into the Bestop NX Trektop. I just got it and it is nice. Just unzip the windows and you have a safari top. Zip them back on, and you have a full soft top. Again, probably not a lot of help if you have a hard top, though.
Thanks but I just have the hard top. :)

·
Supporting Member
577 Posts
Something is not adding up..

You have a hard top, you take it off and go on a trip.. You park and you want to cover with the bestop trail cover and it's not fitting?

It should fit great.. You sure you got the 4 door one?

Also you all you have to do is roll it starting from the rear top the front in the middle of your roll bar and let the sides fold on over your doors. If done this way it should not be cumbersome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts