Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had these besttop 2 piece upper and lower soft doors with a factory style top?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Subbed I wanna know the same thing was looking at gettin a set and wanted to be sure they worked first

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thinking of getting them myself....I think I saw them on eBay from Summit for about $460/pr...including delivery I think...be interesting to hear some feedback...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw some on autoplicity for around 420 shipped, wanna use em to replace full doors that are beat up but don't want leaks...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I got mine used,, they fit very well, and kept most of the rain out, I'm back to my full hard doors for winter and long trips... 420? Keep an eye on eBay, used ones go for around 325..

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts
Has anyone had these besttop 2 piece upper and lower soft doors with a factory style top?
Soft top?
Sunrider top?
Hard top?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Seals are nice on the doors and fit nicely. They do leak a very, very little bit where the top and bottom meet at the forward joint of the doors. I could probably fiddle with fitment a bit more to correct that.

Mine are newer/used, and I picked them up from Craigslist for a silly low price.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, have factory soft top and just ordered mine new for 400 shipped...we'll see how they work out

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say I didnt like my Bestop full soft doors. got them used off craigs list for crazy cheap so I decided to try them out. They flap in the wind, leak, hard to close, and I didnt like unzipping the windows. But thats just my opinion, hope they work out for what you need them for, for me they were to just throw on when it rains. Now I just check the weather and throw on the full doors when its 40% or higher.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Wish I could find some used for cheap I found some on craigslist but the cheapest I have found them is like 350 and they are like 2.5 hrs from me

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installed my set today, idea seems nice, handle feels like it probably gunna be the part that messes up first, seals off pretty well... Only complaint is its been a pima to get um lined up right, having to force them shut

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have to do alot of adjusting to yours? And did your weatherstripping go where it was supposed to...mine just dont wanna line up properly

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sheweezy said:
Did you have to do alot of adjusting to yours? And did your weatherstripping go where it was supposed to...mine just dont wanna line up properly
Your probably going to have to pull and push the frame of the door around a bit to get it to fit right. Mine ( lowers for a cj and uppers for a tj, on a yj) took some time for me to really get them to seal with the top well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha oh wow, wish i had known other models would have worked on my tj, they were considerably cheaper...but yeah my top weatherstripping fit well, its the lower i have had trouble with...going to just do as you said and wiggle everything around then tighten up.... To change subjects, will cj and yj doors work on a tj? Such as half and full doors?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
sinepome said:
Your probably going to have to pull and push the frame of the door around a bit to get it to fit right. Mine ( lowers for a cj and uppers for a tj, on a yj) took some time for me to really get them to seal with the top well.
Wait doors off of others models will work on tjs

·
Registered
513 Posts
98 tj sport said:
Wait doors off of others models will work on tjs
Ok. I have a yj so anything I've tried is for a yj. Not sure about tj. I had to make a striker on the tub for the cj door latches to latch to. I had the frame from the cj doors and got some tj soft uppers for free. So I modified them slightly to fit the cj frame.
As far as hard doors go. The cj/yj is a post type striker on the tub and the tj is a loop striker. From my understanding u can change the striker either on the tub or door (not sure which) and the doors should work. But don't take my word for it. Google is your friend. GL Hope this helped.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, changing strikers shouldn't be challenging if doors line up...might have to try this with a buddies yj half doors

1 - 20 of 25 Posts