Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like my Jeep to sound a little better. It's the 4.0. I've heard the sidepipes and they sound good to me when they are new but they seem to leak right away. Does anyone have the Aeroturbine on the six cylinder? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've the Flowmaster Super 10 muffler, and it has a super throaty sound to it. I think Flowmaster technically labels it a "racing" muffler, but I'm not quite sure how. Maybe if it is paired with a V8? It's kind of loud at times, but it's a deep loud, no ricer here.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i really love the sound of my magnaflow :D its nice and throaty and isn't annoying as hell when im on the trails

·
Registered
62 Posts
The best exhaust I've ever heard come out of a TJ came from Banks. There a clip on youtube comparing 2 wranglers...one with Banks and the other with Flowmaster. I've heard that some of the flowmasters can have a ratty sound when you get on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
the banks mufflers are great if you were gunna spend the money on them spend the extra few bucks for the MONSTER muffler, 150 bucks i think

other then that the cherry bomb PRO chamber muffler will give great tone decent volume and unique sound, 60 bucks normally

glass pack wise the flowtec purple hornies was a great sounding cheep exhaust. i used this on my trail rig if it broke from a rock or a broke u joint nightmare o well, 25 bucks later, new muffler.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry... just can't do it.. she's short 2 cylinders. My muffler rusted out some months ago, I put on a flowmaster cause that's all I could buy on a sunday. Monday I ordered the proper walker muffler, and tuesday I air chiseled that brand new flowmaster off and tossed 'er in the trash can.

Sixes should be seen and not heard.
hmm, really they shouldn't be seen either.

My 68 Camaro. 383 stroker. Borla mufflers. Music to my ears.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Did you know glasspaks are illegal on Federal and State lands - and for street use in lots of cities? If you run them you have to run a separate spark arrester behind it.

It's not so much the noise, but they pass sparks through - especially if you have a cat.

Plus they make you look like a 14 year old pretending to be a racer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the Banks monster exhaust and I love it! It's loud and agressive, but not so much that its annoying. If it gets a little loud on a long trip, just crank up the stereo! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive got thrush glass packs on a 65 valiant 360. sounds like a 440 when putting your foot in it. i have the banks monster on my 03 sport, doesnt seem as loud as some of the vids on here but it does sound throatier. and on long trips gets bit annoying specially w/o carpet. the banks with the AEM brute force intake make a definate seat of the pants horse increase and better MPG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts